Natasha

Guest sheila

Guest sheila

I woke at 2 AM to find Natasha having a violent seizure that lasted at least 5 minutes and included losing her bladder and foaming at the mouth and bleeding from her nose and mouth. I helped her as best I could and got her comfy on a bed, fed her a little ice cream and laid a moist towel over her as she was very hot. At 6 AM she attempted to get up to go out for a potty and before she reached the door she fell to the floor and had another violent seizure with even more blood coming from her nose and mouth. When the vet saw her and did the exam he concluded she was having strokes caused by either blood clots or a tumor in her brain. The vets opinion was that given her age (10) and the fact that she was seizing so severely that even with treatment that would include around the clock monitoring, her prognosis was not good. At most I could buy her a little more time and that she seemed to be in considerable discomfort.

Natasha was helped to the bridge this morning at 6:30 AM

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bowiebears

I am so sorry for your loss.

Even when we knows it's the best thing, and are prepared for it, letting our furkids go is very difficult.

May you find comfort and peace in the knowledge that one day we will all be together at The Bridge.

--Isaac

What a horrible experience.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Oh no. My heart goes out to you, Sheila. What a monstrous shock and monstrous loss to you and Kiowa.

You were made of dreams, pretty girl. Rest well.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest jeannejj

Sheila, I am so sorry for your loss of Natasha. It's always hard to say goodbye to a friend.

Run free, sweet Natasha.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest VirginiaGreys

I'm so sorry Sheila. She was such a sweet angel, I feel blessed knowing that I was even such a small part of that.

Run Free Natasha....

Natasha....thank you for touching our lives and connecting us in so many ways. :gh_run:gh_run

I am so sorry Sheila.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Sheila, I am so very sorry for your loss. Natasha was a beautiful girl.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.