Limping

Guest memadeit

Guest memadeit

My male, I had for a little over a year now. When we got him, he was limping so we went to the vet. They were unable to find anything. When the weather started to get cooler, the limping got better a lot. Since, the summer has come again, the limping showed up full force again. Same foot. Any ideas what it might be??? We thought at first arthritis, but with it going away in the winter, I crossed that off my list. He does have some corns and we are giving him propolis and have gotten rid of at least one that I know of. Could a corn be very deep in the pad without any sign on the outside and would the heat make it more tender?? Any thoughts please.

Edited by memadeit

Corns can and do come back. I don't know if you've seen this or not, but here's some good info on corns: http://www.grassmere-animal-hospital.com/corns.htm

Did the vet xray the effected leg?

Edited by MarcR

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Corns can be very painful and sometimes difficult to see. Wash the pad to see if that helps you locate it.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest memadeit
Did the vet xray the effected leg?

No she did not.

Wash the pad to see if that helps you locate it.

Done that and can not see anything.