Administering Chemo

Guest JohnnyBell

Guest JohnnyBell

Does anyone know where they administer chemo??My Sophie had her chemo treatment and awhile after she came home I noticed her neck under her fur was purple(noticable because she's mostly white).I was wondering where they put the IV for chemo could it be in her jugular vein in her neck?I thought it was in her arm because her arm was wraped with a piece of vet wrap but mabe that was where they took blood for a CBC.I figured they would draw blood with the IV in then administer,but what do I know.I may just have to call the vet on Monday and see what they did and why her neck is all bruised up :angry: .I can't wait 2 more treatments and she'll be done.I hate doing this to her.I hate the thought of her being hurt :sad1 .

Dylan got his in his rear legs. He never bruised from it. They did bloodwork before each of his treatments. He came out with Vet warp on his leg in a color that matched whatever collar he was wearing at the time.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

The vet would have administered the chemo where the bandage was. Please don't wait until Monday to call the vet/a vet. Call first thing this morning. The chemo agent may have affected a clotting factor and may be causing internal bleeding. If that's the case you really can't wait 2-3 days to have it checked. I may be wrong, as I'm not a vet or physician, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Worth calling the vet, but don't panic. It's probably where they did a blood draw and she had some leakage.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.