New To The Forum... Hello!

Guest Koalalou2

Guest Koalalou2

Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself and my greyhound. I've been "lurking" around the forum for a couple months now and thought I should actually register. :blush My name is Emily and my greyhound is Holly. I adopted her less than two weeks ago after several months of research. My husband and I also have a Brittany named Cadie and five wonderful rattie boys (Mr Smuckers, Milo, Teebs, Dribbles, and Minski). I adopted through Greyhound Crossroads in the South Carolina area.

Holly has completely won my heart already and is such a little cuddle bug. She's really started coming out of her shell these past couple days and is a crazy goofy girl when she's not sleeping or cuddling! Here is a picture of the little (figuratively anyway) one.

IMG_1870.jpg

I also started making dog beds like the one Holly is laying on and so will post in the shopping section... look for it soon if you are interested, or just PM me.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! I've already learned so much here before I adopted so I'm excited to continue to learn and share my stories of Holly. :colgate

Welcome to the board and welcome from Miami :welcome2

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest greybookends

:welcome2

I am gonna have to check out those beds. I think Bill will need one to go with his Collar!! Are you gonna vend at Beach Bound Hounds?

Guest Koalalou2

Yes I will definitely be at BBH and will be vending. Preorders are the best way to go as you can choose almost any fabric under the sun and I can bring it to BBH (or I can ship). I'll go post a topic under the shopping section now so you can take a look!

Thank you for such a warm welcome everyone :)

Guest gretzky

Hi and welcome from MA! Holly is a beauty. Hmmm... Excellent choice of fabric for that bed. Do tell why you chose it, being in SC and all.

You don't have enough posts to PM so hurry and post in merchandise section. Is that fabric available???

Guest Koalalou2

Umm. Does anyone know how I become a vendor? It seems I am not able to post in that topic (nor receive PMs yet). I certainly don't mind waiting if thats whats required, just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong!

Oh also, my husband is originally from Massachusetts (I went to school there as well) so we're both big Red Sox fans. We already have a blanket, the dog bed, and I think he's going to have me making pillow covers soon! A whole Red Sox living room theme

Yes I can get that fabric as I recently found some at my local store and I still have a bit left.

Now just to figure out how to post in the merchandise section!

Edited by Koalalou2

Guest gretzky

Don't know about becoming a vendor but email me gretzky AT boston-redsox dot net and tell me about your stuff. DH and I are also huge Red Sox fans, enough that we are going to 2 games in Cleveland next week!

Edit: Email is net not com

Edited by gretzky

Guest Koalalou2

Lol I definitely understand the away games. I went home to Nebraska a couple years back and took my husband (then boyfriend) back to meet the folks. We ended up in Kansas City for several days because the Sox were playing there. Yes he did meet my parents, but only briefly!! To be fair, it was Schillings first day back as a starter in 05 so sacrifices had to be made :)

I will email you.

Guest Koalalou2
Hi there ! Welcome to GT! See you at BBH, I'm vending too! :wave

Your website looks fantastic! See you at BBH. I'm so excited to see what its like!

welcome from southern california...

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Wow, Holly is GORGEOUS! what a beautiful shade of red!

:wub::wub::wub:

I would love to see pics of all your fur babies, what a group you have.

PS you dog bed is also FAB will be looking forward to seeing these, good luck

:welcome

Welcome from NY despite the cover on the doggie bed! ;)

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Koalalou2
Welcome from NY despite the cover on the doggie bed! ;)

:colgate Thank you... I know that must have been hard to get out :lol

I should also mention that Holly's racing name was Kisskissbangbang and her nickname used to be Hottie (we wanted a subtle change as she was already familiar with her name). There was a post here about her a couple weeks ago. Shortly before we adopted her actually!

Its amazing, I didn't even have her on my "to be considered" list when I went to the meet and greet. She was listed as not cat safe (which we were concerned about with having the rats here) and was considered to have some obedience issues and chewing problems. We have seen none of that. Our adoption agency also learned that her chewing problems came from her being left outside for six hours at a time!! She just felt right. And she has been. She's perfect for us and has been absolutely wonderful with the rats. We just had to follow our instincts :)