Logan Limping

Guest mirthlesstroll

Guest mirthlesstroll

Almost 11 year old Logan is limping :( for almost 3 weeks. Went to the vet last week. She poked & prodded all over him, but all she could come up with was an unusually painful toe that is swollen a little bit, and his back-end weakness is getting worse. He is already on Glucosamine, Chondroitin & MSM. She gave him Rimadyl, which gave him the big D :(:( We are going to get x-rays tomorrow(Friday) I hope that I am just being paranoid, and the x-rays will be a very $$$$ false alarm.

Guest mirthlesstroll
Here's hoping it's nothing... Since it's only one toe, any sign of a corn?

My vet didn't see anything, but if it is a corn, it may be small, or deep in the pad & not visible. I can't see anything, either :(

How much glucosamine, chondrotin and msm are you giving him and what kind?

Sending prayers for Logan. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest mirthlesstroll

Hi Sandy,(and everyone else)

Got the x-rays back. The vet said they showed some arthritis in his toes, wrists, shoulders, and some arthritic narrowing of the thoracic vertebrae(spine just below his neck) but no osteo :pepper . She discovered a previously broken toe - maybe the reason he was retired. The vet says the x-rays don't show enough damage to account for his pain, so it may be a pinched nerve in his neck or upper back, as he has a very sensitive spot there(He tried to bite her when she prodded the bad spot :eek )He has always had a funny spot on the left side of his back just behind his left shoulder.

We ran a full tick panel, just in case. Waiting for results on that. :hope

She is talking about a neuro or orthopedic consult - I would love input from anyone who's done this. I have no idea what they can offer him in terms of treatment. Our funds are a little limited, so we have to be selective about the treatments we can try. I think surgery will be out, as I have heard it is a very painful, long recovery, and he is not pain tolerant at all.

Logan has been taking 1500 mgs of Glucosamine & 1200 mgs Chondroitin daily for years. I added 500 mgs MSM in April after he fell & hurt himself :( I get his stuff from Whole Foods Market - people grade good stuff.

Thanks for all the prayers & good wishes.

Adrienne & Logan

Wow... glad to hear no cancer...I don't really have any input on what an ortho or neuro consult might show. Maybe your vet can give you some insight on what additional info might be obtained.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest JohnnyBell

Oh I'm glad to hear no cancer.That's one relief.I'm sorry I have no advice as for the neuro or ortho,I do wonder what they can do.Poor guy.