How Much Above Racing Weight

Guest tigerlily

Guest SillyDog

This is Carly & Prancer:

P_and_C_mirror_images1.jpg

Carly raced at 62 pounds is usually 64-65 now. She's still quite skinny, but it's just her body type. Our vet said that Carly's hip points are prominent and should always be visible. She's also got a really impressive tuck; Donna Read didn't have anything on Carly's wasp-waist. Prancer never raced and is exceptionally small for a male -- about 55 pounds tops. He actually gets a smidge more food than Carly, though, because he's so much more active.

This is Carly & Prancer:

P_and_C_mirror_images1.jpg

Carly raced at 62 pounds is usually 64-65 now. She's still quite skinny, but it's just her body type. Our vet said that Carly's hip points are prominent and should always be visible. She's also got a really impressive tuck; Donna Read didn't have anything on Carly's wasp-waist. Prancer never raced and is exceptionally small for a male -- about 55 pounds tops. He actually gets a smidge more food than Carly, though, because he's so much more active.

C'mon... that's one dog and a mirror ;)

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

We try to keep them around 5 lbs. above racing weight. It's kind of a balancing act... any more and they start to look chunky, any less and they start to look too bony.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest SillyDog
C'mon... that's one dog and a mirror ;)

Nope -- just two very talented dogs. :P I have a lot of pics of them in the same or mirrored positions. I don't know why or how they do it, but they do. They're not even related! This one is the only one where they're touching like that.