Great News About Lenny!

I just got the news from the vet! It's a severe IBD (which is not so great news) so his vet does want to start a predinsone cycle. It's what I was initially trying to avoid when this all started but right now is just a huge relief. I feel bad that it's gotten this bad while I was working with it but at least I have a definite answer now and I can get him feeling better and gaining weight. The vet is willing to work on different diets to hopefully get him off predinsone in the future.

Thanks so much to everyone who lent their support and prayed for my boy :)

Kris & Lenny (B L Lessie)

IPB Image

It's wonderful to see good news in the H&M board. :yay: Not that IBD is any picnic, but any non-cancer DX is cause for celebration to me. :)

Good luck with treatments! :goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Wonderful news that it isn't cancer. !! :yay:confetti:yay

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am so sorry that Lenny is not feeling well but so happy that it is not CA. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SYMBASMOMMY

IBD is manageable....make sure there are no other options before the prednisone....Symba has IBD and we opted for a drastic food change (no grain diet) and some metronizadole to see if that clears it up first....prednisone should be the last option not the first option....pm me if you need any advice....I have just been through it with Symba and was diligent in my research....best wishes....

I agree that IBD can be managed through diet and medication combinations (which can be tapered in time). Glad to hear that it is not cancer. We have a nine year old hound with IBD and PLE so please feel free to pm if you ever have any questions or just need to "vent".

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest FordRacingRon

I ususally stay away from the H & M board,,too depressing. Made my weekly visit today and saw the post about your Lenny,,,its greyt news to see something good,,although this is not good,,it is good in a sense its not the big c. Congrats Lenny....

Thank you all again for wishing us the best!

IBD is manageable....make sure there are no other options before the prednisone....Symba has IBD and we opted for a drastic food change (no grain diet) and some metronizadole to see if that clears it up first....prednisone should be the last option not the first option....pm me if you need any advice....I have just been through it with Symba and was diligent in my research....best wishes....

That's actually where we started with this whole thing and I totally agree prednisone should be a last option, unfortunately we're there. A few months ago we started changing diet, medicines, I actually got a really great diet from a forum member here and it worked for about a month and then he became worse then before and would not eat. That's when I opted for the scope since his symptoms moved away from IBD a bit and the vet thought it was cancer when she saw his stomach. I will definitely try to ween him back off but right now he has lost too much weight and really can't afford to lose anymore. I know he's been in a great deal of pain so I feel, at the moment, I am choosing the lesser of 2 evils. I totally understand your concern and thank you for your advise!

That is wonderful.. Is his diet restricted at all.

He's still a bit picky, I'm hoping in about a week I'll be able to introduce more foods.

Kris & Lenny (B L Lessie)

IPB Image