Legs

Hi,

Thanks to all of you who replied. It is so nice to have people to ask

questions. Now i have another. I just notice on Alexis that she is not aligned

in her

back legs by the ankle parts. Does that make sense? One ankle bone looks

turned in. We see the vet on friday for the complete checkup but I was wondering if that

is

a common thing since they raced?

Also, she will be getting her first bath after the stitches (Got fixed a week ago)are removed. what brand of shampoo is best as to not irritate her skin?

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest DoofBert

Not so much the brand...we use an oatmeal shampoo. Ar eyou giving the bath or taking her to a groomer?

No idea on the leg question

Guest BlackandBrindle

We use Earthbath Oatmeal and Aloe Shampoo. We get it from Gter Boomooanddoo who also uses it on her pups.

Again, don't know about the ankles... do you know if she had any injuries during her career? That might explain it....

Guest DoofBert
Not so much the brand...we use an oatmeal shampoo. Ar eyou giving the bath or taking her to a groomer?

No idea on the leg question

We are giving the bath

Yep, an oatmeal shampoo.... and, remember to rinse, rinse, rinse and rinse some more. I learned this the hard way....and left some shampoo on my black hounds.....they all got dandruff!

If she broke a hock (typically, the right hock), that may have resulted in a turned in foot if it healed a little funny (you are talking about the rear legs, yes?). If you're talking about the front legs, turned in feet are pretty common. My boy's front feet turn in a bit.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire