I Lost My Sweet Chancy

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Che_mar_Cody

Many many tears from the post lately... and I cry with you.

We will pray for you and all "God's Angels" that need it on this post.

Sending a big hug in your time of stress

Today we get the pre-surgical blood profile. We just had her blood tested a month ago, but because Chancy's got so many risk factors, it makes sense to do it again...

Started out last night being not so great again. Our bedroom is too stuffy for her on humid nights (only one AC vent for the whole floor up there), so by 12:30am I brought her downstairs and we had a girl-slumber-party in the livingroom. She slept right by the AC vent, and seemed fairly comfortable the rest of the night. She had a better walk this morning too. We made it three blocks, better than yesterday's one. :( Appetite is still good. We're off of the smoothies now, back to her regular diet of softened kibble with various goodies added. She hasn't requested a sandwich in two days now. :)

I'd planned to bring Chancy to work with me today, so we could go straight to our vet appt, but I got a late start. If I'm arriving at work around 7:30, there are too many "scary" people around to comfortably get my shy wobbly Chancy up the six stairs into my building. So instead she'll relax at home, and I'll just leave a little earlier for the appt.

Surgery is tomorrow (if today's bloodwork looks good enough), don't know what time yet.

Edited by ZoomDoggy

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Good thoughts for Chancy. I'll be thinking about her tomorrow.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Aimee all I can say that if the surgery is a success and no aspiration pneumonia takes place post op you and Chancy will be extremely happy and relieved, especially Chancy! A gal at my vet just had it done on her 13 year old Dobie and the fear she had was no different than mine and yours. You should hear her now that her dog can breathe. Eating and activity greatly improves and that does help a dog live longer ;)

Wishing success and speedy recovery to you!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Sending many prayers and white light. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest LolasMom

We are sending thoughts and prayers for you and Chancy...that all goes well and he has a speedy recovery.

He'll feel so much better when he can breathe easier. :hope

Edited by LolasMom

My sweet Chancy-girl and I are leaving for her surgery in about 40 minutes. She keeps looking at me with her big doe eyes, wondering why I'm not offering her breakfast... :(

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Sending prayers and hugs and gentle little scritchies.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My sweet Chancy-girl and I are leaving for her surgery in about 40 minutes. She keeps looking at me with her big doe eyes, wondering why I'm not offering her breakfast... :(

:hope

That is always tough!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021