Diarrhea

Guest sdaniw

Guest sdaniw

my greyhound, who we have had for a month has not had any diarrhea problems until yesturday morning. I have given her yogurt, amodiam ad and have fed her only boiled chicken and rice and nothing has helped. She got up 3 times last night to have to go running outside to go diarrhea. Then this morning she didn't want to eat her rice and chicken unless I spoon fed it to her. When should I be concerned and call the vet? Any suggestions?

Plese help!

You might want to check her for intestinal parasites even if she's already been treated for them. I'd have a talk with my vet. Sounds like you're doing everything right, so ....

Marcia

I would fast her for 12 hours, nothing to eat just plenty of water to drink. Then start back with the chicken and rice. With the fasting it will give her system a rest. If that doesn't work then she should go to the vet with a stool sample, they should check for worms.

gallery_24215_3397_4722.jpg

Carolina (R and A Carolina) & Rebel (FA Ready).
At the bridge: Kira (Driven by Energy) 7/19/97 - 6/17/04 & Jake (Jumpstart Dude) 9/12/00 - 1/24/15

Guest SquanHound

I would agree with the fasting (just make sure you put all food products away since she may be more prone to stealing something since she may be hungry). Then I would only feed her small meals - spread them out over a couple of hours. If you find that rice is not being processed really well by her you can also try boiled potatoes (I make it is to a chunky smashed potatoes with some chic stock) or pasta. Another thing that could help to firm her up would be a couple of tablespoons of canned pumpkin (not pie mix, just pumpkin). I hope she is feeling better soon!

Guest wilsontrixie

have you changed anything in her world? water, food, treats, stress?

1) take a sample to the vet

2)fast her for 24 hours except for water...

3)CALL the vet for stool results and then just have him treat her anyway

4) start her back on food slowly starting with more rice than chicken

5) if this doesn't work, then go to the vet

best of luck.....