Clean Teeth

Guest xraychick

Guest xraychick

I brush Dashs teeth every day. They still look decent but would probably benefit from a vet cleaning. How often should I get my Dashys teeth cleaned so they remain healthy? And is there any 'home remedies' I can do/use to keep them looking good and healthy? Any tips? I let him chew on those 'greenies' cuz they are supposed to help. Dont know if they really work or not. His back teeth are turning yellow colored cuz i couldnt reach them. But now I figured out a way to get at em. I just lay Dash on his back and i sit at his head and go at it that way. I get em pretty good now. but they still need a good professional cleaning.

Edited by xraychick

Guest Tenderhearts

Once a year for dentals is pretty much standard for us. I use Oxyfresh Pet Oral Solution to add to the pups' drinking water here :)

I brush the hounds teeth daily too. One of the three still needed a dental this year but the other two did not.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Chewing on RMBs (raw meaty bones) at least occasionally will help to clean the teeth, especially the back ones (the front ones don't get used much for most chewing). If the yellow is discolouration on his teeth, it's not necessarily a problem, but if it's tartar buildup, then that needs to get cleaned.

Brushing every day is great! Not many people can accomplish that. Between that and a turkey neck or similar (say once a week) his teeth should stay nice and clean. I'm not really convinced that Greenies do anything to clean teeth, plus the ingredients list makes me cringe.

Mine get a turkey neck every day. :)

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg