My New Vet...

A friend of mine suggested her vet clininc "Vets For Less." The name kind of scared me but she assured me they were great. The one bummer is that they only take walk ins unless it's for a surgery. I have enrolled both girls in doggy daycare but they needed a few additional shots and a fecal test before they could go... not to mention missy needed to get spayed.

So - this morning I took our non-grey in to get spayed, microchipped and all her shots. I took Eden at 9:00 (when the clinic opens for walk-ins) to have a few things looked at and to get an estimate for getting a few teeth pulled. The previous vet I took her to had quoted me $900 just to get her teeth pulled... After our consultation I decided to go ahead and get everything done that needed to be done.

So - for Missy's spay (with pain meds and antibiotics), shots and microchip - and Eden getting shots, antibiotics for tape worm, getting part of one toe removed and three teeth taken out (including antibiotics and after care) the grand total was $820.00!!!! ISNT THAT AWESOME!!!

And - I even like all the girls that work there and the vet was really nice, too!

It's been an expensive day - and Missy can't go to doggy daycare for another week - but... COOL! I have been putting off getting Eden's teeth pulled to scrounge up the money but the price was so good - and she is getting everything done today.

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

That is a very reasonable cost for all of that work. Hope Missy has an uneventful recovery. :grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I am happy to report that they are both home safely! They are pretty pitiful, though :blush Eden has a little bootie on her foot until tomorrow because when they got her to bring her out her incision started bleeding. I didn't know that they did a whole cleaning of what is left of her teeth! They look AMAZING! When I got her the vet pulled a few teeth but to my amazement they didn't pull the ones I though they should have... She had periodontal disease and they said they had to break the two teeth to get them out - poor girl. But - I am thinking this will help her horrible breath and our cleaning and antiseptic mouthwash will do a LOT better to help her... I am so excited!

Missing my bridge greys Opal and Eden and cat Bailey. Mom to Missy the Super Mutt and recent foster failure of Miley to mini-mutt.

Geez, maybe I should drive down there, I'm looking at around $800 just for one dental, and Romi and Andy both need one!

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)