I Am Devestated...

Hope he gets his appetite back -- maybe he's just tired out. Praying for continued improvement. :hope:hope

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tricolorhounds

I hope Rusty starts eating soon so he can come home.

Cecily is not really excited about food at this point either. I just boiled up some pasta, mixed in some shredded roast chicken, some water and a touch of chicken broth and she ate. Not so interested in dog food yet.

Dee when my mixed breed guy was sick with pancreatitis, I had to go to the hospital and hand feed him. Only way he would eat anything. That went on for about a week. After he got home and started to feel better, he picked right back up again. He just felt so lousy he had no interest in food.

Continuing prayers for the big lug!! You getting any rest?

Sending more prayers for our Rusty. BTW...Lacey's last horrible round of Pancreatitis they fasted her for 4 days...only water and IV fluids...then they started her on 1 -2 tbs. of food every hour and a half and slowly worked her up...her appetites was VERY poor and her tummy hurt. Holding Rusty in our hearts and prayers. :grouphug I'll check back later for an update.

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:hope Prayers continue for Rusty. :hope

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I was cleaning out my photobucket & came across this one...

Rusty_with_baby_4_26_07.jpg

He'll be doing this again soon! Uh...with some supervision from mom!

Oh my, I was just looking at his photos the other day and saw this to. :lol

He loved to have someone chase him. :P

He use to run up behind Beanie and touch him in the butt with his nose, Beanie

would turn around, bark and the chase was on! Rusty would take off with a big grin on his face

with Beanie close behind. :rofl That's one thing Beanie didn't like, to be poked in the butt, even by his

big brother, he would have bit Rusty if he could have caught him. He didn't chase him to far, just across the yard, then everything was forgotten. :lol

Guest trevdog

I bet his tummy hurts. Dallas didn't eat for almost 24 hours after her intestinal surgery, then it was just a little canned here and there. She aslo has to eat only I/D for a month. I'm sure he'll start eating soon.......

Guest chigal950

Coming back from pancreatitis our grey would not be interested in food the first couple of days. After that, plain baked chicken and minute rice (1/3 chicken 2/3 rice) in small portions 1 1/2 cups, 3x per day, for about 5-7 more days, then start on kibble again mixed with some chix/rice. Plain, easily digestible. They don't and should't bounce back overnight their pancreas needs time to stabilize. Best wishes to Rusty and to you.

Guest Snowy8
Dee when my mixed breed guy was sick with pancreatitis, I had to go to the hospital and hand feed him. Only way he would eat anything. That went on for about a week. After he got home and started to feel better, he picked right back up again. He just felt so lousy he had no interest in food.

Continuing prayers for the big lug!! You getting any rest?

Nancy, I agree...I think after the operation & all, he just doesn't have an appetite. I'm sure they have him on an IV to keep his strength up. When he sees his mommy, he'll be good as new! Dee.....missy girl....did you get some sleep last night. I'm sure your vet or his assistant is spending some time at the office this weekend. Not to mention all the angels we're all sending to hover over Rusty.

I went to see Rusty today, I brought him a chicken breast but he wouldn't eat it.

He drank water but threw it up. The Doc. is gonna get him back on IV today

and do some blood work tomorrow. I was hoping I would have a good update for

you all... maybe tomorrow. :sad1

I hate thinking about him there again tonight. :cry1 I'm gonna try to go see him tomorrow.

Please keep your fingers crossed that he will be eating by tomorrow.

{{{{{{{{{{Dee}}}}}}}}}}

Thinking hungry, calm tummy thoughts for Rusty.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Snowy8

Batmommers, I'm seconding that thought....hmmmmmmm I'm hungry Rusty, aren't you too! Chicken meat, some broth on my kibbles....ooooooh yum!

C'mon big boy....

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest IrskasMom

Just was checking in for Updates ! Was hopeing for better News . Keeping the Prayers for Rusty coming.

Maybe some gentle Hugs and a Cookie will do ??? :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:dogcookie