I Miss Her So Much

Guest molly

:(

i lost my grey about a week ago and i miss her so much--i didnt have her for long and we were involved in afreak auto accident--my adoption group suggested this forum to me because not a day goes by that i dont break into tears---i am thinking maybe of fostering but dont want to try to replace lovey----i know it will get better with time, but it hurts so bad right now...

Molly,

Very sorry for your loss. Take things one day at a time, you'll know when you're ready to foster or get another grey. There are plenty of shoulders here for you to lean and cry on if you need them. Hang in there. Sending you prayers to help you heart heal.

Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

It's heartbreaking to lose a precious pet. I'm so sorry to hear of your tragic loss. You will know when you're ready to foster or adopt again, and your little Bridge-kid angel will probably give you guidance. :angelwings I'm glad you've come to Grey Talk. Let yourself grieve, and feel supported in this tough time. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest Iberia's Mom

Glad you have come here. I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Even if you did not have her for long, it really takes them no time at all to take over our hearts. I hope you will find comfort and support here.

Im sorry to hear about your loss. Your new angel will guide and tell you when it's time. Although a new grey or any animal will never take her place they can help heal that hole in your heart and when Lovey feels your ready there will be the perfect grey sitting there waiting for a mommy. Take it day by day and remember it's ok to cry.

Kim, mom to Reno (Slatex Reno), sister to Daffy (Bally's Flack), Ashley and Sue (racing names unknown), and Bridge kids Strider (7/28/94-4/16/05), RW's Dallas (12/17/98- 06/26/2010), Odd Taylor (aka Lizzie), JC's Curfew (4/6/2005- 4/22/2010), Winnie(Pooh Bear)my heart dog, and Rocky the beagle

Guest Ferrevergrey

I know exactly how you feel. I lost my terrier nearly a year ago when I left on vacation for a couple of days, and where I was going didn't allow dogs, and while I was gone, the people I had trusted with my baby did nearly everything I told them not to do, and my poor baby got scared and ran away from them, and tried to make it home on his own, but he was hit and killed by a car on his way. It was such a shock, for nearly a month I wanted nothing to do with any dog, but eventually, the pain lessoned slightly, but it hurts, and even a year later, some days I find the grief of his death so overwhelming that I just break down crying, but the bad days get farther between, and the good days increase. :hugs When it's time, your Lovey will lead you to the perfect new pet for you! The best way to honor a bridge kid is to love another. You can't replace them, it's not possible, but when it's time to move on, you'll know, and Lovey will pour down her blessing on you and your new dog.

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I'm sorry for your loss. Everyone needs their own time to grieve, whether it's weeks or years. But hopefully, that same kind heart that you opened up to Lovey will open again to another pet. When it does, that perfect Grey for you will be waiting, not as a replacement but a continuation of the love that Greys and people can offer each other.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Listen to your heart, you will know when it's time to open your home to another baby, whether it's through fostering or adopting.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest gatemaster93

So sad for your loss. Its a very difficult thing to try thinking of a future with a new baby while mourning over the loss of the last one. Let your heart guide you.

So very sorry about Lovey. You said "we" were involved in an accident. Were you or anyone else in the car hurt? If so, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Some people adopt or foster new dogs faster than others, but I think you'll know when the time is right. Even though you and Lovey weren't together long, I'm sure you made a greyt parent. So sorry.

f_yellow

Molly...I am very sorry for your loss. There may be a lot of days that bring a lot of tears but that is ok. We each need to grieve for our losses in the way we find best for ourselves. I'm glad you came here to Greytalk and I can only hope that you can find some peace among friends who share your pain and understand your loss. Regardless of when you choose to adopt again please remember that it is never a replacement for the one you lose...only a step in a new direction and a new life to share your heart with. The special love you have with one companion will never leave you and will stay in your heart and live on in your memories forever. I hope you are able to find your peace...here's a hug to help you along the way. :grouphug

tn_greyhound002.gif

Willow & Trace

Butch (11/94 - 7/16/08) Hayley (11/96 - 1/13/09) Merlin (11/12/95 - 5/29/09)

GPA - Central New Hampshire

Guest Lisa_n_Dusty

Dear Molly I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I just lost my Dusty in january of this year and still cry once a day. It is so hard and everything reminds me of him. I still walk into the house and expect him to be there It is one of the worst experiences I have ever had. I have mixed emotions about getting another. Some days I really miss just having a dog and other days it just doesn't feel right just yet. I guess as others have posted, I too will know when I'm ready. Hey Molly if you need to cry go right ahead and cry. I have never been ashamed of my tears they are real and I have a damned good reason for these tears. My best friend and my sweet baby is gone from me.

God was on your side sending you here you will get lots of support and everyone understands even if they haven't experienced it themselves.

Guest Sunny's Mom

I am sorry to hear of your loss. You will know when the right dog comes along, not to replace your beloved pet, but to open a new space in your heart for love, and allow wonderful memories of the one you lost to heal the wound you now feel.

:f_white

Guest wmparker66

Molly,

I lost my sweet boy a week ago. Bernie was with us for almost 2 years. He was just 5 years old when he crossed the bridge. I will never forget him. It is because of him, that I found this board, all of the wonderful people that post here, and mostly my heart....Bernie helped me realize that I have so much to give. I have been seriously considering trying to volunteer at the adoption group here in Jacksonville.

Hang in there!!!!!!

I'm sorry :(:grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch