Duncan - 4/18/07 - 7/2/07

Guest dwolfe711

Guest dwolfe711

Our brave omega boy went to the Bridge last night at 8:30pm. He was on the max dose of Tramadol and Previcox and his limp continued to get worse. He was having trouble getting up and down, but could still manage to be first in line when Mom announced chicken strip treaties - but it was time to end his pain and send him off to the Bridge where he can run with his sisters and brother and all his many buddies who went there before him. Our hearts are breaking - this was a very hard decision to make - it would have been very easy to keep him with us far longer than we should have - but for his sake, we had to let him go -

duncanshat003.jpgduncan.jpgduncanw.jpg

MassExpo2007084hotelDuncanonbedsmal.jpgmountains5-4.jpgDuncan4-2.jpg

SpringDewey2007028.jpgGH.jpg

Donna and Dave, Ripley, Allie and Ellie

Toby, Red, Elaine, sweet Lizzy, and now Duncan, at the Bridge

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hamiesmom

I'm so sorry to hear about Duncan. Run free and let your angel wings soar. I have been reading your stories and updates on the "Message Board - Greyhounds Reach the Beach". I just love that Christmas picture of all the hounds.

Guest DoofBert

SO hard to let go.... but he'll be in our hearts forever!

Run Free, Duncan!

Edited by DoofBert

:f_red I'm very sorry for your loss.

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza

Guest VelvetEars

So sorry to hear you had to help him transition over. I hope you can take comfort in knowing he's free from pain, happily making friends and chasing bunnies and waiting to be reunited with you again.

Farewell Duncan!

May you be free!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug It's such a tough decision to let them go when your heart wants to keep them with you always.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I'm so sorry.

Run free, Duncan.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest Lala

I'm so sorry. I understand what your are going through - it's a terrible time.

Your photographic tribute of Duncan is wonderful!

:f_white

So sorry for your loss. You are in our thoughts.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Duncan. I know how hard that final act of love is. It's always hard to say goodbye to a cherished friend. May the beautiful memories stored in your heart bring you comfort.

Run free, sweet Duncan.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Your Duncan and my Oliver crossed the bridge together last night. I'm glad they had each others company on their journey. :gh_runner:gh_run

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png