Any Over 50 Greyhound Owners Out There?

Guest Greylove2

Guest LindsaySF
But...would sure like to communicate with other greyhound owners in my age group that speak a language closer to what I understand! I take my girls for walks; not hikes, we like our quiet time and they prefer the same music I do.

Well I'm only 24, but I speak your language! :P Teagan and I are the first ones to lag behind on the walks... :rofl

50+ here.

I was thinking the same, right now I am contemplating getting another grey. Thinking it might be difficult taking care of someone else at this time. I have responsibilities of my mom, aunt. But on the other hand, my pleasure is taking care of Lou, and life is to short!!!

But I really would love another grey.

Anybody else going through this?

I am 53 and moved in with my Mom 2 years ago to help out with the house, shopping, cleaning, errands, Dr appts. and anything else that comes up. Flossie was my only hound for 5 years and I just adopted Kerri last month. Also work a full time job. Having the 2 girls is no more work than just 1 and the girls are not alone all day while I am at work, my Mom spoils them :) I'm like you Life is to short! You will never know if you can do somthing until you try it.

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

Guest nerak254

We need a play date here in MN too! I finally gave in and turned the air on; it got too sticky.

Edited by nerak254

Hi! I'm not near enough, and don't currently have a hound! But I'll be 50 this fall, so there are a lot of us out there!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest poochnme

I'll be 52 in October

I am in Glen Cove on Long Island, NY

I only have gone to a few meet n greets -- mostly people my age.

I find I am just not a people person for the most part and tend to want to just hang out in the quiet with my two Greys -- Lexie and Romeo

Also -- having two Greyhounds is no more work then having one -- If I could -- I would have three :)

Cathy

LI NY