Alan At 5 Weeks After His Spinal Cord Injury

Its just unbelievable! What kind of boot is on his left rear foot?

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw, Alan - what a flirt you are! :wub: He must be so happy to be out & about again. (And good camera work on your part - I would have tripped over Maggie & the leash & my own feet.... :lol )

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Such wonderful news! Way to go sweetie. :colgate

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Its just unbelievable! What kind of boot is on his left rear foot?

He is wearing a Muttluk dog bootie! I bought him cheap thin ones and he burned thru all 4 of them in about a week! The Muttluk booties are expensive but do the trick. He is almost ready to go without a boot because he is not knuckling his foot under anymore, but his toenails catch the cement, wear down and start to bleed (we tried doing the "no bootie" thing and he was just not ready for that yet :rolleyes: )

Thanks so much everyone! Your kind words, prayers and encouragement have given me the faith to not give up on my boy! I got very depressed seeing Alan the way he was and I was very discouraged for a while. I am still praying and hoping for the day when he has full use of that leg :hope but right now I have to say it's quite the miracle that he has done so well in only 5 weeks!!

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Guest grey_dreams
:clap :clap :clap Awesome! Go Alan! :wub: :wub: :wub: He is doing so amazingly well! And he looks very happy! Sending lots of good thoughts your way.

What an amazing journey. Thanks for sharing. :yay Alan

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest boondog

That's amazing. He looks wonderful. I love how Maggie Mae is right behind him. It looks like she's making sure he's okay.

Guest ss556

My eyes filled with tears of joy watching the video. Thank doG he's doing so well. He does look so happy too. Please give your Alan scritches for me.

That's amazing. And wonderful.

Good boy Alan. :dogcookie

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greyhound_bug

I think that Alan learned something from his sister, Miss Nellie....never give up. He's doing a greyt job and I'm so happy to see/hear that hes doing so well.

Keep up the greyt work Alan!

Guest weycoolgrey

That is absolutely wonderful- brought tears to my eyes!! Way to go Allan, and the humans that are helping him during his recovery!! :banana:banana

Edited by weycoolgrey

Holy moley! Look at him go! He has made tremendous progress!

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.