Alan At 5 Weeks After His Spinal Cord Injury

It's hard to believe that on May 29th Alan was completely paralyzed in his hind legs and now after almost 5 weeks he is making amazing progress! See for yourself...watch Alan on you tube (this was taken on Saturday)

He also did his first meet-n-greet since his injury and he did wonderful!

6702874.jpg

6702877.jpg

6702880.jpg

Look how happy my boy looks :wub:

He goes for leash walks everyday now and water therapy twice a week.

Thanks for all of your prayers for Alan! He has made amazing progress and we are so proud of our boy! :)

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he looks positively wonderful...I'm so happy for you guys :yay :yay praying that your sweet boy continues to improve :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

He is amazing. :wub:

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Aw, Alan you little beauty!!! loveshower.gif

Now keep getting better!!!

(Edited to add correct emoti :blush)

Edited by JerseyGirlInOz

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

Alan you are my hero. :kiss2

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Tenderhearts

Wow, has he ever made progress! :clap :clap :clap

It looks like that owie on his bum is healing too! :)

That third picture made my eyes water! :cry1 What a happy brave boy!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I have chills, tears, tingles, goosebumps, and a lump in my throat after seeing that updated video and the pics. WOW, what a dramatic transformation!

:yay Alan :yay

Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, happy tears here! He looks amazing; his smiley face tells all, he looks so proud of himself, as well he should be. Alan you are an incredible dog, keep up the good work!

Guest Winterwish

Wow!!! :yay:yay:yay Alan what a sweetheart you are!!! :kiss2:dogcookie:dogcookie:pinkele And both of you are also amazing in how you continue to help him so tremendously!!! :bighug He looks great,and it looks like his appetite has picked up too. Such an amazing boy you are Alan! :kiss2:kiss2

Guest greybookends

Keep up the good work Alan .You'll be good as new in no time!! :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2 :kiss2

Edited by greybookends

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

He looks great.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest K9_Lady

Alan you are an inspiration! He is doing awesome!! and looks so handsome too :wub:

And you guys are an inspiration too as patient and caring doggie owners! :clap

Wow! Alan looks fantastic. What a brave boy and so so handsome. He has a wonderful family who has helped him too! You can see his eyes just shining in the last picture.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=