Goodbye My Sweet Kipper(able Ott)

Guest KipperGrey

Guest KipperGrey

On Monday the 25th we helped Kipper cross to the Bridge. I have not been able to post until now because I am having a very hard time coping with loosing our sweet boy. He was having a very hard time coping with being blind but in the end it was his liver that took him from us.

Sunday night we said our goodbyes. We told our 2 children so they could say goodbye to him as well. My dd who is 6 is the sweetest little girl. We told her and answered all her questions. We read her the rainbow bridge poem. She asked to brush him so she could have some of his hair. I clipped a locket for her and she keeps it in a bag that she drew pictures of Kip on. His collar hangs in her room...so we can remember him she says. My ds is only 3 and doesn't totally understand. He keeps asking when Kip is coming home which breaks my heart. We spent most of Monday crying and even now I am tearing up. I keep looking for him when I come home, I see him out of the corner of my eye waiting at the back door to come in. I hear his tags and wait for him to walk around the corner. I never thought it would be this difficult. I miss him sooo much I can't describe it. I know one day we will meet again and I will be able to stroke his head and give him kisses. He is waiting for me and has some great people up there to keep him company till then.

When I thought about posting here I had so many things in my mind to write. I keep telling myself that as each day comes it will get easier.

Dear Kipper,

Thank you for sharing your retirement days with us. You are the sweetest and most gentle dog I have ever met. You filled my heart with joy and love. I miss your doggy breath and your short barks in the morning letting us know its time to get up and let you out. I miss our quiet times laying on the floor together watching tv while I brushed you and trimmed your nails. I will miss you zooming in the yard...which I am sure you are doing up there. In your last year you didn't do it as much since you couldn't see very well. I will miss everything! I will never forget how when I was pregnant with my son you would reach up and smell my tummy like you knew what was happening. You were my buddy and pal.

I am so sorry that we may have become impatient when we didn't know that you couldn't see. I hope you can forgive us. You will always be in my heart. I keep looking for a sign that you are OK now. I picture you in my mind running around the gates of heaven welcoming those who are arriving with a gentle nudge and a cold nose. Everyone here misses you very much. Until we meet again Kipper Whipper...WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!

A few days after we let him go, I got a card from the vet with a poem that made me cry but put my heart at ease a bit. It may have been on here before but i will post it

If it Should Be

If it be I grow frail and weak,

And Pain should wake me from my sleep.

Then you must do what must be done,

for this last battle can't be won.

You will be sad, I understand,

Don't let your grief then stay your hand.

For this day more than all the rest,

Your love and friendship stand the test

We've had so many happy years,

Always together, Always Here.

You'll not want me to suffer so,

When the time comes, Please let me go.

I know in time you too will see,

It's kindness that you do to me.

Although my tail It's last has waved,

From Pain and suffering I've been saved.

Do not grieve that it should be you,

Who has to decide, This thing to do.

We've been so close, We two, these years,

Don't let your Heart hold any tears.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, no, poor kiddlies Seeing loss through the eyes of our babies can make it all the more heartbreaking.

:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug:grouphug 's to you and your kids. And find peace in knowing you gave him love when he needed it the most.

f_yellowDevonSympathy.jpgf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

What a beautiful tribute to your lovely boy....I am so sorry that you are hurting so much right now :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug You and your family have so many wonderful memories of Kipper, I know that one day those memories will make you smile rather than cry.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

Guest argolola

I am typing through tears as I read your loving tribute to your precious angel. Your daughter is so sweet. Your entire family will be in my prayers.

I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SWEET BOY, KIPPER.

May the memories of your days together give you comfort in the days ahead.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so very sorry for your family's heartbreaking loss. Kipper sounds lie a dear soul who touched your hearts profoundly. :grouphug:f_red

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss and wish I didn't, but I do know your pain. Tears for your loss of your sweet Kipper and a :bighug to you. What a tribute to your very special angel, I could feel the love and pain in your words.

Run with the angels sweet Kipper, you are with some of the best.