Piddles?

Guest Tigonie

Guest Tigonie

I was walking in bare feet to my computer a few minutes ago and stepped in something wet. Not super wet, just a little damp. On closer inspection, it appeared that Emma had "leaked." There were some small wet piddle spots (like drops) and some small dry piddle spots I hadn't noticed before. She often lies down behind my chair, so I'm thinking she leaked while lying down or while trying to get up. I've never, ever seen her marking in the house, plus she's not in here without me, so I don't think it's marking.

As you may recall, Emma has kidney problems (is on a kidney diet kibble and Enalapril and MSM). She is just over 8 years old, and we've had her for just over 5 years. Could this be related to kidneys or is it probably just because she's getting older? Obviously, I will mention this to the vet at some point, but should I call right away, or is it something that can wait? She seems fine otherwise and usually gets 4-5 potty breaks a day.

Any ideas?

Guest Tenderhearts

Could be one or both of those contributing :dunno

Raven has had the same thing happen, but it's because she sleeps SO heavy sometimes, she will let go and not even realize it. I make sure she gets a LOT of potty breaks each day!

She is over 14 years old now, is on the enalapril like your girl, plus furosemide, which is a diuretic, so she has to potty a lot anyway!

You might try letting her out to potty a few more times daily. If it continues, I'd speak with the vet.

Pobably a bit of both, but I'd be inclined to think it may be more kidney related. My girls are 8 and one, Nadia, is also on Enalapril (along with Digoxyn and Diltiazem for a heart condition). Nadia does get frequent pit stops, though, since I work from home.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest nerak254

My first hound had that problem and my vet put her on DES and there was no problem again. I think I gave her a pill a couple of times a week.

Guest meandmygreys
I was walking in bare feet to my computer a few minutes ago and stepped in something wet. Not super wet, just a little damp. On closer inspection, it appeared that Emma had "leaked." There were some small wet piddle spots (like drops) and some small dry piddle spots I hadn't noticed before. She often lies down behind my chair, so I'm thinking she leaked while lying down or while trying to get up. I've never, ever seen her marking in the house, plus she's not in here without me, so I don't think it's marking.

As you may recall, Emma has kidney problems (is on a kidney diet kibble and Enalapril and MSM). She is just over 8 years old, and we've had her for just over 5 years. Could this be related to kidneys or is it probably just because she's getting older? Obviously, I will mention this to the vet at some point, but should I call right away, or is it something that can wait? She seems fine otherwise and usually gets 4-5 potty breaks a day.

Any ideas?

Bonnie did this when she got older..then the poop started falling out with out her even realizing it.. :blink: More than likely kidney related..just let her out more..I used to put piddle pads under her rump at night so if she went..it would'nt soak into the carpet !!!