I Found Great Prices On Online Hearworm Meds

Guest savvyprchick

Guest savvyprchick

It's time for me to reorder heartworm meds for the puppers, so I started looking online and found an AWESOME price for 12 month Interceptor.

It's $59.99 for the 12-month supply and only $3.95 for shipping! :eek

Check it out at Discount Pet Drugs. I'm willing to bet that if you use something other than Interceptor, you can find a good price as well!

(and if you find someplace cheaper, I'd love to know, but I already ordered this time around, so I'd be SOL :rolleyes: )

Guest VelvetEars

thanks for that site --- they have the hexacaine I've been looking everywhere for, and they have homeopathic remedies as well. :)

deadfleaz.com You will have to use your own judgement on this. You can read everything on their site.

Siggy1.jpg

Flying Racine 7/25/08 and Twelve Pack 12/1/2004
At the Bridge- Abenacki Icebox (Kiaba) 4/21/2002-4/1/10 and Wumps Niece (Tehya) 4/21/2002-11/26/2010
www.greyhoundwelfare.org

Guest EMcElfresh

Pet shed makes a genaric heartworm med that I have been using with great success - and it is only $19.99 for a 6 month box!! I use deadfleaz.com for Frontline Plus - cheapest after searching maybe 20 sites for it - good deal too - $46 including shipping for 6 months - purple box (for bigger dogs, got a dalmation on the front). Just got it in the mail yesterday...kinda kills me that it is cheaper to buy meds and HAVE THEM SHIPPED FROM AUSTRALIA (farthest from Massachusetts one the GLOBE!) than it is to buy it here locally...ugh

Guest savvyprchick

Update: They said my vet declined their fax saying that I needed to bring my dogs in for heartworm testing. Not sure how that is true since I did that A MONTH AGO, but I'm going to call the vet tomorrow anyway (after hours now). But when I called customer service, it sounded like I was calling someone's home. :huh

Not sure if I'll use them again.

So.... does anyone have any good, cheap sites for Interceptor?

Guest Peanut

Jen I used one when we filled foster scripts for 12 months of Interceptor. Here are some of the ones I came across:

www.petcarerx.com $74.99 (free shipping & $5 off)

www.vetmeddirect.com $62.95

www.1800petmeds.com $79.99 (free shipping)

www.petrx.com (not available)

www.discountpetmedicines.com $67.50

www.entirelypets.com (not available)

this is 12 months supply (50+ lbs) Interceptor

I ordered from vetmed and they were wonderful to work with! I just asked to vet (same one you use) for a 12 month script and mailed it off. Your pups are on the same dosage, so you could just do one script at a time and share it... But these were good prices when i was searching a few months ago.

Guest savvyprchick
Jen I used one when we filled foster scripts for 12 months of Interceptor. Here are some of the ones I came across:

www.petcarerx.com $74.99 (free shipping & $5 off)

www.vetmeddirect.com $62.95

www.1800petmeds.com $79.99 (free shipping)

www.petrx.com (not available)

www.discountpetmedicines.com $67.50

www.entirelypets.com (not available)

this is 12 months supply (50+ lbs) Interceptor

I ordered from vetmed and they were wonderful to work with! I just asked to vet (same one you use) for a 12 month script and mailed it off. Your pups are on the same dosage, so you could just do one script at a time and share it... But these were good prices when i was searching a few months ago.

Thanks Gen. (by the way, I switched vets last time the dogs got sick)

If your vendor is in Australia, you might be out of luck for Interceptor. Pets Megastore, also in Aussieland, has this on their Interceptor page:

US Customers:We are unable to export this product to the USA

Interceptor Spectrum white for dogs 22-45kg (48-100lbs) US$40.42 [AU$47.10] 6 Months Supply.

Used in the prevention of heartworm disease and the control of Hookworm, Roundworm, Whipworm and tapeworm infections in dogs.

It is unlawful to import Novartis pet medicines into the United States. Accordingly, we cannot sell any Novartis medicines to the U.S customers.

U.S customers should see their local veterinarian to obtain Novartis pet medicines.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)