Coat For A Tripod

Guest Dawn

Hi All,

I've been asked to create a special coat for a tripod grey who just lost her right front leg at the shoulder...........I'm trying to engineer it so that there is plenty of padding at the shoulder area because there are more pups in the house....

Does anyone have experience they can share....or a site they know where we can possibly purchase one...we can't find anything as of yet...

Any help would be very much appreciated...

Thanks

Dawn

Edited by Dawn

I forgot- it's normally expensive stuff, but you can find it on eBay. Search for "wetsuit material," or "neoprene sponge." It's a little less painful when purchased in such a fashion.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

Guest gapeach1

Christel of Cottage Hound Designs makes some beautiful tripod dog coats. You can try her as she is very well recommended.

GAPeach1

Guest Cris_M

When I made custom slings for my son, we found that memory foam was wonderful. It molds to the body and is quite comfortable. It also can be washed in the washing machine. We even dried a few though we didn't mean to and they were fine. We used the ends that were cut off of an oversized mattress topper and just cut it to size with an electric knife.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I have a right front tripod. He has a coat that was purchased before the amputation. The coat doesn't stay in place very well. It rotates, probably because his shoulder blade was removed too. If you could figure out a way to keep the coat from rotating, that would be excellent.

GREYT idea!!! Memory foam!!!!

The engineering is the hard part! Rotation is exactly the problem as there is no bone to hold in place! I'm working on a lightweight, HOT pink Hawiian theme for this special pup...when I'm done, I'll post you all a pic so you can see! She's still a girl and has to be Stylin'!!!

Thanks for all the help and GREYT ideas...2 or more heads is definitely better than one!!!!