St Paul, Mn Vet Recommendation?

Guest bigorangedog

Guest bigorangedog

Hi guys,

We have a new adopter in the Highland Park area of St Paul, MN. They would like recommendations for a grey-savvy vet. The vet our group uses is way up near Chisago Lake, and I don't know anybody in St Paul. We'd appreciate any recommendations!

Thanks!

Jen

GreyhoundMama@earthlink.net

Jen

Aimee takes her's to Como but I will let her say if she would recommd them or not.

I have been using Cottage Grove

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Guest CaroleWithRunningDogs

Hi Jen - I know a few people go to the Feist Animal Hospital in St. Paul for routine things. Seems like there is someone out your way that Judy and Roger Olson go to that they like but I can't remember his name. Many people go to the U of M, St. Paul campus vet school. Sorry I have to hike all the way up to Coon Rapids! Carole :gh_face

Guest sparkhawk

I adopted my first Grey at the UofM vet hospital. Free dog, free food and vet care for 2 years. The doctors are the best there!!!!! I don't think the pricing is any higher. If I lived in MN still it would be my ONLY choice!!!!!!

As a bonus it's right by the fair grounds

Edited by sparkhawk

I take my pups to Como Park Animal Hospital for most routine vet care and minor emergencies. There are three vets there whom I feel fairly comfortable working with. Their prices are a bit steep, but you do get what you pay for. They have good modern equipment, and don't screw around when you need something done. They even allowed me to help hold Marla when she had some skin growths lasered off.

I also have a holistic vet we see for acupuncture & such for my little ol' lady Chancy's bad back, but they're in Mpls. For anything that seems very specific to greys (i.e. if I don't trust Como's grey-savvy-ness) like reading bloodwork or anesthesia, I'll go to either Dr. Barr in Coon Rapids, or to the U of M.

Feist is a VCA "chain" hospital, and as such tends to have a rotating staff. I used to take one of my cats there, but got tired of never seeing the same vet twice. :angry:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh, forgot to add-- if they're in Highland Park, please do invite them to visit me at my Meet & Greet this Saturday at the Highland Petco from 11am to 1pm. :D We love visitors, and no "group" politics, I promise! I just adore meeting new hounds, and so do Tip & Marla. :)

My M&G is the last Saturday of each month.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Oh, forgot to add-- if they're in Highland Park, please do invite them to visit me at my Meet & Greet this Saturday at the Highland Petco from 11am to 1pm. :D We love visitors, and no "group" politics, I promise! I just adore meeting new hounds, and so do Tip & Marla. :)

My M&G is the last Saturday of each month.

Thanks for the reminder!

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17