Black And White Spotted Greyhounds

Guest jettcricket

I don't feed my kids Nutro either....I feed them Innova and my female has got tons of spots on her. She didn't have that when I first adopted her.

We joke that Specky is trying to change from a white greyhound with black spots to a black greyhound with white spots!! I would say that in the two years we have had her, she has pretty much doubled in spots!

Carol Ann

DSC03145.jpg

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Uber is doing the same. He went from a white and brindle to a white and brindle ticked. When I first met him over a year ago, his white was pure white. Now he's gone spotty everywhere.

I suspect that he's feeling left out in the sea of brindles so he's going chameleon on me.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

My red girl, Nadia, has a few and they do seem to be multiplying (or maybe I need to clean my glasses... ;))

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

Guest IGmom4now

I've heard it's a "ticking" thing. My IGs are ticked (spots on skin) and the ticking increases with age. It's a sign of wisdom :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I don't know, if Opal gets any more spots on her, she'll be black! But these pix were taken a year and a half apart. I can't see any difference. :unsure

Opalspots.jpg

SallyMitzi10-05.jpg

Oh look at her! I love her!!!! I could just smooch that tummy! :inlove

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I think the spots on the skin seem like they might get darker in the summer, like freckles or a suntan.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest The_Rooneys

weird, I was noticing the same thing and I've only had mine since april. Didn't think there was anything wrong just odd

:lol Lucy was white with black on her head at the age of three and more and more a dalmation as she has gotten older.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest junebug

This is funny- I was about to post a similar question! June Bug is red/fawn but her skin is turning balck. Her butt and legs are black, and her tummy is spotted and filing in. She had white/ pink skin when we got her. I think the black on her face is getting darker.

She does love to lie in the sun if she can outside. I will post a picture if I can figure out how to do it. She is 4 years old and we have had her since last fall.