Bounty Boon

greysandmollie

Bounty Boon, where should I begin. He was brought to my house as a foster who was recently healed from a broken hock and listed at being 7 years old and was a BIG boy. I couldn't believe no one was interested in him because he was such a beautiful boy and after he was here for about 4 weeks I had to keep him. He was the sweetest, loving boy I had ever known. My first greyhound was always in charge even with some serious health issues and Bounty never bothered Rascal. He was confident but not arrogant. He was so active I couldn't believe he was seven. And he wasn't, he was four. He had some very impressive times in his short career at Bluff's Run. He never ceased to make me laugh and feel loved. He was a tremendous confidence booster to our friend Lynn's shy Bailey. It was the one dog he loved to run with.

He loved everyone...others dogs, cats, especially people. He was actually a retriever in a greyhound body. His greatest love was his frisbee. He could get way off the ground and grab it in midair. It was magnificient to watch and my regret is that I never got a good action shot of him. He loved his little sisters and even didn't mind when Pixie joined us and insisted on snuggling with him. She was so loving with him these last few days.

I can't believe you are gone so quickly my sweet, sweet boy. I will never forget your beautiful face and beautiful heart. The girls and I miss you terribly already. You were the best.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donna...I wish there were words to heal your heart right now but there are none. I'm so very sorry that you had to go through this so soon with Bounty. It's not fair...we know that...it's just miserable. You were a wonderful mom to Bounty, and he was blessed to have you. Please know that we are all thinking of you. My heart is breaking with yours. I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Goodbye Bounty. We will miss you. :cry1

Edited by Jennifer

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

I'm so sorry donna :cry1 I will never forget him either. I was lucky enough to see him play with his frisbee in his back yard and will always have those memories. He truly was a lover, he loved his sister Mollie with all his heart and Maj and Black Jack loved when he came to visit.

My heart aches and my stomach is in knots right now :sad1 I wish there was something I could do or say to make you feel better :grouphug If you need ANYTHING, just let me know. I'm just a phone call and a 2 hour drive away :grouphug

Run free sweet Bounty Boon :hope I'm sure your brother Rascal was happy to see you again. Take good care of each other.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

They tiptoe into your heart when you least expect it. And there your big boy will stay. We are so sorry for your loss. :brokenheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest K9_Lady

"Friend, please don't mourn for me :gh_run2

I'm still here, though you don't see.

I'm right by your side each night and day

and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.

I'm everything you feel, see or hear.

My spirit is free, but I'll never depart

as long as you keep me alive in your heart." (author unknown)

:heart:paw

Until you meet again...

:grouphug

I am so very sorry. There will be a new star in the heavens tonight for your boy.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest GiJenn51

Donna I'm so very sorry. He really was a special boy. My heart is breaking for you right now. I wish there was more that I could do to ease your pain.

I KNOW Tig and Cin are showing him where the frisbees are growing on the trees. :bighug :bighug

Rest in Peace Bounty Boon. :kiss2:gh_run

Edited by GiJenn51

Guest Winterwish

:weep :weep Donna,I'm so sorry. :grouphug

I never met your sweet Bounty Boon,but as sure as I'm sitting here it was clear what a darling boy Bounty will always be. May you find strength in knowing he is with you forever. :grouphug

Run and play free sweet Bounty Boon ~ :candle:f_pink :f_pink :f_pink:candle

I'm so sorry. There are some wonderful friends showing him around.

Godspeed Bounty :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest bowiebears

Condolences and prayers and good thoughts in your time of loss.

One day we will all meet at the Bridge!

--Isaac

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Oh Donna...I am just so very sorry. I know how your heart must hurt :grouphug I hope it helps that you got to spend these last few days just being there for him...he knows you loved him :f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)