You Ever Notice? Update

Guest FireHorse

Guest FireHorse

So, ThingTwo was into his dad's gum (a separate issue altogether) and and left it out. Jet, being an opportunist, ate it. Yep-it contained xylitol. A quick call the the e-vet was followed by a trip to the backyard with hydrogen peroxide. He didn't seem to mind us pouring it down his gullet, then stood there and looked at us like, "what?" Then he started on the grass nibbling, and paused to look at his side when he started gurgling. Thirty seconds later, he's heaving up all his ill-gotten booty. He'd eaten enough that we could smell the fake fruit flavor.

So now we're watching for bad stuff. (How are you supposed to spot 'lethargy' in a greyhound??) The e-vet seemed to feel that we caught in in time and that we shouldn't have any problems, but just in case...

Kids or dogs, they're all the same-there's always one that's the problem child. *sigh* Jet is the author of more of my gray hairs... And we're still getting the betrayed puppy eyes, too.

UPDATE: No worries. As they say, it all came out in the end. :rolleyes: He had dinner as usual, and we wathed him for the rest of the evening. When we were going up to bed, he beat us up the stairs, and this morning he was fine. Although I got Worried Puppy Eyes when he saw me with another bottle of hydrogen peroxide. :unsure Today he's fine, being his usual self. ThingTwo got to clean up the mess where he horfed it all up, and has sworn to be more careful of what he leaves out in the future.

Edited by FireHorse

Guest Tigonie

Good thing you caught it early! I think by lethargy, they mean things like seeming "out of it" or groggy, particularly when awake, not necessarily just sleeping a lot.

Guest Redpack

I sympathize, mine are both willing to try to eat everything...in a house full of teenagers, it is hard to keep the environment from rewarding them, so they keep looking....and occasionally finding. I hate that anxiety while you watch them to see if there will be any reaction...keeping my fingers crossed that you got that out in time! (and we give this stuff to our kids?)