Greetings From Freckles And Me In Pa!

Guest lee

I don't believe I've formally introduced my hound. Freckles has been with me since February of this year, when I adopted her through Nittany Greyhounds. She raced under the name Prima Orient and did quite well for herself in two years of racing. She's now living with my boyfriend and I, along with 7 cats, in southcentral PA. She's my first greyhound and first dog, too. The neighborhood kids love her and she's far more popular than I am. (No surprise there.) She's brought so much to my life and is teaching me a great deal of patience (she's quite an exuberant handful!), and I love her.

Freckles officially turned 7 on May 21st. Here she is whooping it up at her party.

511177971_1309b20ea2.jpg

Guest hamiesmom

Welcome, what a beautiful girl, she is. They are always more popular then we are, I'm known as "the lady who walks the dog with the boots." Gotta luv them.

Guest JudiK

Hi - Nice to meet you! Will Freckles be attending the City Island Strut on Sunday? 2:00 at the carousel - we usually have 30 - 50 hounds there on the 1st Sunday of the month...

Hi Judi - I wasn't sure if the Strut was for all greyhounds or whether it was just for hounds adopted through Keystone. If it's open to all, I may be there. She'd love it. (She loved GiG, too!)

:welcome2 from NC to the wonderful world of greyhounds! I know quite a few long time cat people who've been converted to dog people by this breed. :) You'll find this site an excellent resource on all things greyhound.

Freckles is a beauty!

edited to correct typo

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:welcome2

Hi and welcome! Freckles is a beauty!!! :wub:

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest JudiK

The "Strut" is for all greyhounds - not just Keystone hounds and adopters. My first two were Personalized Greys (I still consider myself a PG Inc adopter even I lost my last PG Inc hound in April. I still attend their events and would not hesitate to adopt from them again!), PG Inc links to PetFinder in their Available section and I fell in love with a pretty face in MD - next thing I knew I was fostering for those folks and one of Pere's sisters came here as a foster <sigh> well, she was his sister and we had to keep her ... and Devon is a Keystone hound... (those sly dogs bring fosters to the strut<g>) Please come - we will be there with Pere (red brindle), Devon (red) and Bookie (dark brindle). Hubby is tall and greying with a mustache and I am short and chunky with long red hair. The Keystone folks are wonderful and welcome all greys... they seem to wind up joining in on the search for all the lost greys in this area too - they have a search team and a live trap, so usually someone calls them. Hope to see you there (the Senators are on the road.)

Guest Tenderhearts

What a beeeeeeeeeootiful girlie! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Welcome welcome welcome to GT! I'm also glad to meet someone else with 7 cats! :nod:D

She's gorgeous - those are great freckles!

:wave:welcome2 from England.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting