Sweet Adelaide

MorganAndGreys

My sweet Addie ... I can't believe it's been 2 years since you were taken from us...too soon, too soon. You were the sweetest Rottweiler I have ever known...a true ambassador for the breed. Your presence is still felt in the house...all 125 lbs. of you lumbering around. Chopper still calls your name and says "where's my sweet Addie girl?" Until we meet again, run free with your Rottie brother Romeo and little Shiloh. I miss you so much.

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

So sorry about your dear Addie.

I loved to hear about how she was an ambassador for her breed. Many years ago, I had a red dobie named Duke, with long ears and a docked tail. Some people think dobermans are mean, but Dukie was the most shy dog I've ever had. We had to put him to sleep. Something happened to the bones in his neck, and he would never have been able to lift his head again. I tried to take care of him for a day because I didn't want to let him go, but it wasn't fair to him.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know that it ever goes away. I still grieve for my animals who are long, long gone.

But it gets easier with time.

My sister sent me a card when my cat died - long ago - that said, What is loved remains in the heart. I think that's true. They never leave us because we loved them.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)