Beau's Cast Off

Today is 3 weeks post op. Beau had his cast taken off and all bandages. For the new 2 weeks, we have to be extra, extra careful as he has no support and needs to build up the leg. We have to slow the walk down and shorten our walks until he builds up the leg.

We had increased our walks with the cast to our 3-4 times a day 3/4 mile walks.

No jumping and no getting crazy. I wish someone could convey the no crazys to him!

The surgeon said he expects a full recovery and likes very much how he's healing.

We will keep the nanny on to monitor his movements while we are at work for the next 2-3 weeks and then hopefully back to "normal".

An end is in sight. YAY.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest GriffinsMom

Good luck with Beau's recovery. I feel your pain about keeping Beau quiet. My high energy hound, Ava, is on leash walks and bed rest due to an injured back leg. Trying to keep her quiet when there are three other greyhounds in the house to play with is trying both our patience.