Tummy Problems?

Guest kajhensley

Guest kajhensley

I need advice for my Dixie. She occasionally has loose stools and yogurt takes care it. I notice Dixie had soft stools one day and then okay. This morning she woke me up at 4:30 am, she never does this, she had runny stool, then again at 7 am and she also threw up. I have put yogurt in her food, but she is a finicky eater anyway, she has eaten a little. She is still playing. We gave her some ham yesterday, maybe that was it, I don't know. Should I do anything else for now.

We got Dixie in December and have not had any health issues.

Guest hamiesmom

I would think that it's the ham. Just let it run its course. I feed my boy, premium kibble, some quality canned food usually tripe. He gets a spoonful of yoghurt in the morning, and oh yes, he likes shredded medium cheddar cheese on top. He can be quite finicky at times, as well. So far so good.

Guest BlackandBrindle

Feed her her regular dinner tonight- if there are still problems, I'd fast her for tomorrow...

You might also try some canned pumpkin to help firm things up :) If she's not used to getting 'extras' such as ham, it's quite possible that it upset her stomach.

Guest kajhensley

Thank you for the tips and reassurance. Pumpkin did the trick. Dixie is better, still a very picky eater, but no more runny bathroom breaks. Thanks again, Kim and Dixie