Sullivan

Guest greyhound_bug

Guest greyhound_bug

One year ago today, my heart boy Sullivan went to the bridge and became pain free.

Not a day goes by without thinking about him and all of his silly quirks. Everything had potential to be "scary", even the wind. At times I swear he even thought that there were monsters under our bed because he was afraid to sleep on the floor in our bedroom. That all changed when he started sleeping inbetween DH and I.

I miss all 98lbs of him sleeping with us. I miss the "Prince Leon" ears. I miss the ETS and huge over bite. I miss our bed being full of crumbs (yes, not only did Sullivan bring his tomato to bed with us every night but he also brought and ate his cookie in our bed). :weep:weep

Sullivan, mommy and daddy miss you so much. We both talk about you so much and people that didn't know you probably think that you're still here because of the way we talk about you.

Don't worry Boo-man, you're tomato and duckie are safely put away so you don't have to worry about Eli playing with them.

We love you and miss you so much Sullivan. We are sorry that you were cut short on your retirement. No matter how much time we would have had with you, it NEVER would have been enough. You are a very special boy and are missed so much.

You are loved so much and missed more than you'll ever know.

Love and kisses, forever and ever, :kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2:kiss2

Mommy and Daddy

(Joe, Simon and Eli too)

Sully27.jpg

Guest Snowy8

I know how you feel...a day doesn't go by that something will remind you of Sullivan...but you know he is pain free, and his next journey has begun. Sleeping on soft fluffy clouds, waking up to cardinals singing, rainbows everywhere & chasing butterflies...but not catching them is a fun thing they do.

:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart

Guest bowiebears

One day we will all rejoice together at The Bridge.

Till then, we can find solace in our memories and in the knowledge

that the love we know continues to spread and grow.

--Isaac

Wow, I didn't realize it had been his one year. Extra :grouphug for you.

Sully, you are such a special boy and we all miss you very much! I always loved how your ears would flop over backwards because the tips were too heavy to stand straight up... and the way you'd stare into the wind sniffing and looking totally debonaire except your ears would be flapping.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

:bighug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest multiplicity

:grouphug I have been thinking about you today Nat. :grouphug

Hopefully our babies found each other (Sully and Scooter) found each other almost a year ago...2 fur-babies who are missed dearly and remembered always.

Guest jackjack

Ever since the last GRA walk, when you were telling me about Sully's anniversary and how you still think of him, you and Dan have been in my thoughts. Hugs to you Nat!

We miss you sweetheart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Your family and mine will always share this day, this summer solstice. I know how hard it has been without Ryce as I'm sure it has been hard for you without your Sullivan. It seems to get a little easier to talk of them as time goes by. They will forever linger in that special place in our hearts. My Ryce, Your Sullivan. Our family sends its hugs and prayers to you and your family for Sullivans one year at the bridge. :brokenheart

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star