Sad News About Greta Garbo

MisserGil

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! I'm so sorry, Amanda. I'm glad she was able to be loved by you, even for a short time. Perhaps Lilah will show Greta where all of the best comfy clouds are.

:f_pink

:grouphug

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

Guest Tenderhearts

I am just now seeing this and am so so sorry! :cry1

Greta, run pain free and say hi to Lori Ann and Skittle for me! :gh_run

Amanda, gentlest of hugs to you from Kansas :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Guest houndstooth4

I just saw this. I am so, so sorry! I could tell by your posts how happy you were to have her with you. I am glad that she was so loved with you, and sorry that you didn't get more time to spoil her! :f_pink

:cry1f_yellow:grouphug I'm so sorry.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

All my sympathy to Amanda and her family.

It just sucks. That is all.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Oh, Amanda!! I just saw this. I'm SO sorry!

:bighug :bighug

What a wonderful time she had with you, I'm sure, and it sounds like her pain was all at the end and brief. There's a mercy in that.

:bighug :bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest LadyChester

My sympathy on your loss. It was a wonderful thing you did in taking her in and giving her a wonderful home. :f_whitef_yellow:f_white

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest how888

Oh Amanda, I am so so sorry to hear this. My heart aches for you sweetie. Especially when you said you had to attend your grandma's memorial too. Oh Amanda. I thought of those beautiful pictures you posted of where grandpa was buried when I came to Arizona and asked about Sedona. I will keep you in my prayers. Just know she is somewhere over that gorgeous rainbow up over that gorgeous mountain in Sedona, and watching over you at all times. Godspeed Greta.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Thanks again for everyones kind words... and also the personal PMs I received. Greta was such a lovebug... I really wish we could have had more time with her.

I called Jini (Greta's former owner who moved to assisted living) this evening on my lunchbreak to let her know Greta had passed. I had put it off long enough... We cried together and I promised to keep in touch and that I would bring the boys over for a visit so she and the other residents could get their greyhound fix...

The morning after she passed while I was waiting for my flight out I sent a text message to all my friends letting them know she had passed. You think I tell a lot of stories about my hounds on here... You can only imagine what a nerd I am in person... Everyone knows my hounds... the bar that I hang out at (where David moonlights as a bouncer and also the place we met) has had a charity bicycle ride and a harley ride to raise money for hounds... I have some cool friends and I knew they would want to know. They had been excited about the broodie coming to live with us. I hadn't thought about what this would be like for David when I sent out the text message.... David had to work the door that night and was approached by several people because word had spread... (David is very introverted and shy... he doesn't talk much to people who he doesn't know well... It took me two months of constant baggering when I first met him to get him to give me more then one word answers!) He called me from work (which ended up being 1am in Michigan! I was in a panic thinking something went wrong) He was upset that I didn't warn him that people knew... He thought he wouldn't have to talk about until I got back and it wasn't so fresh in his mind. He ended up crying in front of people which did not make him very happy. Guys aren't good with showing emotion.... well most guys anyway... and David is like most guys. I felt terrible. It was one thing for my big man to cry with me at the vets office... it was another to think about him breaking down by himself while at work. :sad1

It was hard to come home an see Greta's stuff around... I had just finished painting a footstool for her bowl and she had only got to have one meal on it. That was still out. Also my friend runs one of those ceramic shops where kids can go in and paint stuff and she has made bowls for all my hounds... and of course Greta's bowl had come in the mail while I was gone. I kinda don't know what to do with them... I don't know another hound named Greta... guess I will hold onto them for while.

Greta had started to walk gingerly before the break... and on the leg that broke. I had found 2 corns on that foot so I had an appointment for this Monday morning to have them hulled. I had picked Diane's brain about corns and had printed out the hulling procedure that's on GT. I can only guess that it might have been the first sign that something was wrong... Hard to say.

David and I have beat ourselves up about this... But we have finally understood that no matter what Greta would have eventually broken her leg... even if she had never come to live the bohemeth that is Brooklyn it would have broken... I'm glad David was right there so we could get her help immediately and that she didn't have to lay in pain for hours. Man I wish I could have had more time with her.

The image that I think will stick with me always.... When I gave Greta her burpdog cake we crumbled it a little and put some whipped cream on top... She ended up with whipped cream on the top of her nose. After she had finished her cake... Dave and I were watching TV when I realized she had left the room... I got up and told Dave she must be asking to go outside... NOPE! She was standing at the fridge begging for more cake with the cream still on her nose. When she saw me watching her... her crooked tail started whirling. How could I deny that face another biscuit! When I opened the fridge to give out another round of cookies she was licking her lips and bugging her eyes out. She was in food heaven! It was awesome! It was the one and only time she ever begged.

Oh Amanda, I am so so sorry to hear this. My heart aches for you sweetie. Especially when you said you had to attend your grandma's memorial too. Oh Amanda. I thought of those beautiful pictures you posted of where grandpa was buried when I came to Arizona and asked about Sedona. I will keep you in my prayers. Just know she is somewhere over that gorgeous rainbow up over that gorgeous mountain in Sedona, and watching over you at all times. Godspeed Greta.

I requested that they not call me when Greta's ashes come in... I said I would swing in the next couple weeks and get them. I just don't want the phone call again.

Once the weather cools down I will return to Sedona with my Granny's, my Uncle Joe's, and Greta's ashes. They will join my grandfather and my heartdog Harley Horton Heat... he was a rockin dog. Sedona is such a wonderful place. I hope when I pass someone puts me there.

Here are a couple pics I took when I went to Sedona to place Harley's ashes. Most of you have probably already seen them.

Brooklyn

B-Girl.jpg

Adam and Memphis

adamwmemphis.jpg

This is where Harley is.... My grandfather is at the highest peak in Sedona.

waterfall.jpg

Following the trail

following.jpg

Adam and Brook

Adamandbrook.jpg