Sad News About Greta Garbo

MisserGil

Oh good god how terrible

My thoughts are with you Amanda :f_red

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amanda I am so sorry :f_pink

Godspeed Greta.

Yoiu and your pack are in my prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

Guest KennelMom

Damn :cry1 I've avoided this thread all day because if I didn't read the words, somehow it wouldn't have to be true.

Godspeed, Greta Garbo....

Hugs and my deepest sympathy to Amanda, Guin and the rest of the crew :grouphug

I am very sorry for your loss. She was well loved by both of her families. Now, she is running and playing at the bridge with her brother, Harley.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Oh nooo!

I am so very sorry to hear this news.

Run free Greta. There are many waiting for you at the bridge.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

OMG. :( I'm so very sorry to hear this terrible news, Amanda. Blessings to you for giving Ms. Greta such loving TLC during the last months of her life. I'm sure she'll always have a special place in your heart. My prayers are with you and your gang as you find peace with her passing. :hope Godspeed, sweet Greta...

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Thank you.

It all happened so fast... I had just left the house and was doing some errands when David called me frantic to come home. Greta had come up to him and wanted to go outside... So he opened the back slider and when Brooklyn heard that from the livingroom (my house is quite small) she came hauling ass out the door... sending Greta tumbling.

I really thought she had pulled a muscle... She tumbled on a DOG BED. When I got home she would not get up from the dogbed which was outside (too hot to be out there... I wanted her inside where she could cool down and I could feel her all over. I picked her up and knew immediately that something was wrong with her front right leg. I carried her into the house and when I placed her on the ground I gently touched her leg to see if she had any range of motion... a leg should never move away from her body. It was an obvious break.

I knew on the way to the Evet... I just knew. But I had to have them xray her anyway. The bone never breaks that high up by the shoulder without being hit by a car (Brook is just a 65 pound pain the butt... no where near a car) or having some underlying condition.

It was definitely cancer... I didn't have them do a punch test or anything... but it was plainly obvious in the films.

I made the decision to let her go. It was so hard... David and I had just talked that day about what a wonderful dog she was.... It seems so unfair and in some ways I feel like I failed her.

I did get some camera pics that look nice at the Evet... I wish I had taken lots of pics of her... regrets.

I will post those pics when I get back to Arizona... I flew to Michigan this morning because we are finally having my Grandmothers memorial. I'm exhausted.... I didn't sleep last night. Thanks so much for sending your love and caring.

(Thanks Gil for posting for me... it was too hard to do it myself)

Amanda

Thank you for taking the time to post.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I write that I am sorry, and I truly am, but what I really want to write would be just a string of obscenities that would make a sailor blush and get me banned from here. I am just so tired of all these losses. I really see dogs as proof of God's love, I just can't understand the other lesson he is trying to teach us in making their time so short.

I am so sorry sweetie.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest darlene

Amanda sweetie, I am so very sorry! I'm sure you and your pack made Greta's last few weeks very happy. Thank goodness you were there for her. I'm sure she felt the love! :bighug:f_red:f_red