Constipated?

Guest GunnyGirl

Guest GunnyGirl

Gunny came in after her morning constitution acting a bit weird. She's happy, tail wagging (it IS, after all, breakfast time, ya know?), running a little between the kitchen and me but when she stops, her back end is camped under, almost like she's starting to squat. She isn't acting like she's in pain and I let her out again briefly before giving her breakfast just to see if maybe she wasn't "finished". But she ate her breakfast just fine and went to lay down for her after-breakfast nap. Acting totally normal except for the funny partial squat. She also appeared fine when we first woke up and on the way out before breakfast.

Just wondering if it might be a bit of constipation? But she and DBF had quite the day yesterday, which included him trying to get her into his Jimmy and her resisting each time the thunder came along (I won't go into the entire day, but let's just say I couldn't have written a better comedy of errors :blink: ) But she was perfectly fine during the evening.

I'm not the type to run to the vet for every little thing, as many things just have a way of working themselves out but while they do, I get more grey hair. But I just wondered if anyone has had anything like this occur? I will watch her closely outside before I leave for work and DBF will watch her throughout the day but I am such a worrier, waiting for the next ax to fall (selling my house and buying another plus orchestrating the move is driving me mad!)

Just looking for a little insight...

Guest GunnyGirl

Yeah, checked that since that's exactly the way she's acting. I know about "cling-ons" from my aussies... :lol

She's totally normal except for the strange semi-squat...

Guest GunnyGirl

OK, now I've really watched. I took her outside because I'm getting ready to leave and she was walking fine. Then she went to pee, had no problems, but after peeing the squatty walk started. Maybe the beginnings of a UTI ???

True to her nature, not a peep because of any possible pain. She saves the GSOD for when something is NOT wrong... <_<

Edited: OK...DBF says maybe she really strained the muscles in her back legs yesterday because of trying to get into the Jimmy (he was having difficulty getting her in as she kept resisting and pushing back...she won't jump in--she puts her front feet up and we lift her back end in. The HAD to leave since there was a house showing scheduled) and once in there, she was so stressed from that and the storm and the scary chow and everything else that was going on, her back legs were trembling hard. In my mind, it makes sense that it would affect her squatting to pee.

Edited by GunnyGirl

If it keeps up, might be worth taking a urine sample in and the dog too, to check her anal glands.

Would she let your DBF just pick her up -- all of her -- and put her in, instead of boosting her in?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.