$150 Toe

Guest MyGreyAster

Guest MyGreyAster

I posted a couple of weeks back that Aster had had a dislocated toe. Well, Thursday night she was running, and suddenly I heard a loud yip. She stopped running and was favoring her back leg. I checked it out, didn't see anything, thought maybe she'd pulled something. We were taking her to a kennel the next day for the weekend, so I asked if a vet could take a look at her while she was there. Turns out she had another dislocated toe! And weren't we shocked to get the bill when we picked her up on Sunday - $52 for the boarding and $150 for the toe!!!!! She's still limping a bit so I'm making sure she doesn't run in the yard for a bit (not to mention it's way too hot.) I haven't a clue how to avoid this in the future, though. We've had her for 4 years, and it's never happened until this last month. Unless it's happened before and just not been as bad.

Any hints? After the first very noticeable dislocation, I did a good job on her nails, but her back nails seem to stay pretty short. And the second dislocation was on a back toe.

Guest greytful4

I feel your pain...my girl broke her toe two weeks ago and naturally on a Sunday evening...I forked out close to $300.00 so far between the e-vet and regular vet. I'm just glad that's ALL she did! :rolleyes: