Do They Get Pimples?

Guest lms

A few weeks ago, I felt a small raised bump on our boy's rear leg, on the outside. Since there's a lot of fur there, I had to go poking around to see what it was, thinking maybe it was a tick. I didn't find one, but there was a small lump/largish pimple there. <grossness alert> I squeezed it, thinking that maybe it WAS a tick, and it was just really in there deep, and all this white pus came out. </grossness alert, sorry>

There was a tiny bit of blood too, but really just what you'd expect to see if you popped a pimple on a teenager. (I don't recommend doing that, by the way... :lol ) I cleaned it up, and although it's still there, it's not as big, and appears to be healing. I didn't think anything of it, but then I just found another one on his back, close to his spine. This one's not as big, and both are just pink/skin-colored with maybe a white spot at the high point.

Do dogs get pimples, or is this something else?

It sounds a little like a sebaceous cyst? If in doubt, have your vet look at it / them next time you take your dog in. If that's what it is, Arlie gets them and they slowly resolve on their own. I have been told that squeezing them won't help in the long term, i.e., they'll come back.

It sounds a little like a sebaceous cyst? If in doubt, have your vet look at it / them next time you take your dog in. If that's what it is, Arlie gets them and they slowly resolve on their own. I have been told that squeezing them won't help in the long term, i.e., they'll come back.

We were just in for shots (right before I found the first one), so we won't be back for another year (if all goes well!). I assumed it wasn't anything major, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

(And no, I don't plan to keep popping them! I was just making sure there wasn't a tick in there! B) )

Thanks!

:)