Fce - Spinal Cord Injury

6/18/07

Brian and I are happy to report that we have seen a lot of improvement in Alan's condition just within the last 3 days or so. :thumbs-up

He has started to use his left hind leg...ever so slightly, but, none-the-less... he is moving it! He kinda bunny hops...he moves his hind leg in unison with his right hind leg. He still drags it on occasion, when he gets tired but he can get up to almost a run!

His mood and attitude has changed quite significantly (for the better) :yay we think a urinary tract infection that he has may have contributed to some of his not feeling too well...but he is on antibiotics and it seems like once he started those his mood got better...infection must be clearing up :)

No more x-pen for Alan...we had to take it down because we left him alone for 3 hrs for the first time yesterday and he was NOT happy about that! We had a foam bed without the cover on it in the x-pen with plastic and a blanket covering it and he shredded almost half of the foam, ripped the blanket and overturned his raised water bowl. We looked him over real good and found him to be ok, no cuts etc... I feel terrible, but we did it for his own good so he couldn't get himself into a bad situation :( He's been good about not urinating on his bed anymore so I think we can get away without the x-pen and just putting a belly band on him.

He can get down the 2 stairs from the kitchen to the landing, but I have to be there on the landing to kinda stop his momentum :rolleyes:

I am not sure he will ever be able to do the big stairs, but time will tell, for now he gets carried up and down those!

He barked once on Friday for the first time since the accident...which is wonderful because he has always been vocal and it has been sad to not hear that bark of his!

He is gaining interest in squirrels again...actually, he is getting mad because they are taunting him because they know he can't move as fast as he used to but not to worry, Maggie-Mae keeps the squirrels in check!

ok...enough chatter...see for yourself how much better my boy is doing!

Thanks so much, every single one of you that has said a prayer for my boy because it really means a lot to Brian and I! He is doing so much better and I hope he continues to be better! I love him more than anything and want him to be better! :wub::hope

I got it...I got video of him doing his bunny hop run...he only does it for a tiny bit at the end of the video but you will get the idea :)

Edited by greytdecals

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Thanks for the update. I was wondering about him this weekend when I was at the expo (someone showed up with your decals all over their van so I thought you might be there)

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Fan-freakin-tastic!!! That is such wonderful news! :yay:clap

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

WOW! Just look at him go :wub: I'm so happy for you guys...you're doing great by him!!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

you know he looks so good that I realized I was actually looking at the wrong leg :lol

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest grey_dreams

YESSSS!!! :yay He looks so much better! I swear he is grinning during hydrotherapy! :) You keep getting better Alan! :kiss2 for Alan and :grouphug for you. Lots of good thoughts still coming your way!

I am so happy that you are seeing improvement!!

:clap for Alan

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I will try to get a better video of him tonight when DH gets home because he gets soooooo excited when "daddy" gets home that I think he forgets that his left leg doesn't function like it should and he really takes off into the yard almost at a full run! :)

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

I was so excited when I read your news of our boy Alan. We all love that guy. I am sure his spirits are higher now and will continue. :colgate

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge