Sheana Still Not Feeling Well

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

I thought she was doing better yesterday but this morning she refused to eat breakfast or cookies and I had to put her Proin down her throat which I never have to do.She is mopey and you can look in her eyes and it is quite clear that she doesn't feel well. I Boiled her some hamburger with some rice and shredded a little carrot into it and she just won't eat. All she wants to do is sleep and when she's awake she grazes. She vomited a little this morning and her poop has been soft. If she isn't doing better tomorrow we are going back to the vet.

:( Poor girlie. Sending hugs and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:( Poor Sheana! Please feel better soon.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

:grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest greybookends
I met another girl last week on Proin having the same problems. I have a feeling it is the drug.

Sending prayers.

She has been on this drug for over a year with no problems. Could it still be causing this?

Guest guinness_the_greyt

oh no! Just read your spider bite thread (Harley my amazing mutt was once bitten by a spider he blew up like a balloon!!! His WHOLE body!! His little penis looked like a bellybutton... It was unbelievable!)

Sending you lots and lots of prayers and love! :grouphug:hope

Guest greybookends

I was just reading some info on the Proin and am not sure if it is not what is causing the problem. One of the syptoms for an allergic reaction is facial swelling and a rash and I noticed at small rash under one of her arm pits. Does anyone know if an allergic reaction can happen after she has been on this for a while?

Guest ss556

I don't have that answer, but I am sending prayers. My Alan has similar symptoms too - the eating the grass, not eating very well, sometimes he just stares, seems depressed to me. He's not "right" either. He's not on that drug though. Good luck at the vet.

I don't have any advice, but I wanted to send kisses to the luberly Sheanna. Feel better soon gorgeous!

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest Winterwish
...Does anyone know if an allergic reaction can happen after she has been on this for a while?...

I'm sorry,I don't know anything about this drug in particular greybookends. But in general,allergic reactions can occur or develop at any time really in both dogs (animals) and people.

Sending get well wishes to Sheana. :hope:hope

Edited by Winterwish

Guest greybookends

I just got Sheana to eat a little jerky. It rained here a little while ago and the sand outside is cool and damp and she is napping in it as I type. I am hoping this is just whatever Ginny had and the spider bite just complicated things and that I am worring over nothing. It is just that Sheana is such a hot ticket and so full of life that seeing her like this is just so heart wrenching. She hasn't even payed any attention to the bunny that has dinner in the front yard every evening!

But in general,allergic reactions can occur or develop at any time really in both dogs (animals) and people.

Sending get well wishes to Sheana. :hope:hope

Ditto all.

Might be worth not giving her any more until you've figured things out.

Sending little scritchies.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I met another girl last week on Proin having the same problems. I have a feeling it is the drug.

Sending prayers.

She has been on this drug for over a year with no problems. Could it still be causing this?

Yes, diarrhea is listed as one of the side effects.

As an aside, we lost a lady greyhound who was on it; after a while I had to pill her because she refused to eat it. Shortly thereafter, she had a hemorrhagic stroke and died almost immediately. She was in apparently perfect health other than leakage and would have been 13 in one month. I still feel terrible about giving her Proin. She always had soft bowel movements too. I didn't realize until now that the Proin or PPA could cause that.

I know lots of dogs don't have problems with Proin but some sure do. I should have paid attention to Sparkle when she refused the stuff; she was trying to tell me it was making her sick. I'll never give Proin or PPA again. :(

Please call your vet ASAP. Bloody diarrhea can get bad fast.

Marcia

edited because I thought of a couple things

Edited by MZH

Guest greybookends

She just ate all of her dinner and then polished everybody else's bowls and begged for her cookie. The twinkle in her eye seems to be back and I am feeling a little relieved. :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay