The Butt Stink Is Killing Me

Guest deanna

Guest deanna

I think Boris has some sort of anal gland issue. His butt smells like death. I've made an appt. for him Monday morning to have his butthole gazed at by a technician. I'm sure she'll love that :puke

What a lucky girl. :puke :puke :puke

But really,.... :puke my couch even smells like butt juice. :puke :puke

Wonder if that is affecting his appetite?

nice post, D :lol you're good for my diet :P

I sure hope it's just a quick thing and he'll be fine!

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest PhillyPups

Oh poor Boris, well at least you can walk outside and get away from it, everywhere he goes he takes his butt and his butt stink with him. :lol

Guest whatahound

Oh no, not the dreaded butt stink!!! :eek Poor Boris, sure hope he's smelling better soon.

Edited by whatahound

Guest SillyDog

I've found that when B.S. gets that bad, yes, there's a definitely malfunction in the butt area. If it's an infection it could certainly be affecting Boris' appetite.

Butt juice really does penetrate everything, doesn't it? Sorry for Borris & the rest of you & hope Monday's proctological visit takes care of the B.S.

Guest PhillyPups

Wendy :shakefinger

You know I'd look, and at the demonstration, now I am glad Stepper ate the bread, cause I may have tossed cookies on that one. :lol:lol

Wendy :shakefinger

You know I'd look, and at the demonstration, now I am glad Stepper ate the bread, cause I may have tossed cookies on that one. :lol:lol

I always post that link when someone mentions stink butt. :lol :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Poor Boris! It does sound like anal gland issues. Fingers crossed for a quick fix. Do take a gander yourself and make sure you don't see any absesses (just in case) but if he has an infection, it could explain his loss of appetite. I know I wouldn't want to eat if my butt hurt.

:grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest Champsmom

OHHH the lovely smell of anal glands in the morning , I used to work for a groomer and this was part of my job as the Bather to express glands Not the funnest job in the world but someones got to do it . Hope he feels better after the expression

Guest deanna

Wendy! Thanks for the link! I couldn't watch the demonstration though, for some reason.

He's been licking his butt, because now his face smells like butt juice :puke:rolleyes:

Last night, I went to bed early and Boris came up in the bed with me. He's a big spooner. When Justin came to bed he told Boris to get up and Boris snapped at him! Justin just stood there in shock. No contact was made, but still. I was half asleep, and J says 'boris just snapped at me'

:rolleyes:

Don't be shy about correcting him! So, I put on my 'mean mommy voice' and booted Boris out of the bed. He left, no problem. He really, REALLY wants to sleep in the bed and he's getting protective of his bed space. Anyway, I'm sure with some structure, some food, a clean butt and time, he'll chill out.

poor boris, the dreaded double whammy. stinky butt and kicked out of bed :(

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest tiegra

Don't forget:

Do not wash the butt. Let the vet see what's going on. Most people will clean things then the vet can't see what is really going on.

Dani

PS Sorry you're going through this. DH has a gas mask you could borrow. :lol

Um, he's not gonna bring that butt stink to So Cal is he? :blink::lol:lol Cause some of the other doggies are gonna talk................

:gmark

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest meandmygreys

Unfortunately....I can't play the " Take the rag and empty the anal sac" On the EVERYTHING YOU NEEDED TO KNOW ABOUT ANAL SACS (and was afraid to ask)..page....My flash player must be jazzed up :lol:lol:lol

I DO hope you reslove your problem !!!

Guest deanna

His butt is officially empty again :D:banana:star:yay

The vet tech brought him back out after she, umm...expressed his glands... and she's like "Yeah. They were full." <_<

:rofl

They printed out his med record and apparently he's been in nearly every month for his butthole. So, I'm going to have to make this a routine here. :puke