Lilah (juggernaut Lady)

Guest Lala

My dear, sweet, best little girl crossed to the Bridge on Thursday morning, 6/14/07. She lived 2 months post Osteosarcoma diagnosis. She had a very good day on Wednesday. She ran in the year and rolled in the grass, she played with her stuffies and smiled a good bit. About 8:00 pm Wednesday she began to go downhill very quickley. We slept on the floor with her, giving her what comfort we could. The next morning, we helped her cross to the Bridge. She is finally pain free, but she leaves a tremendous hole in our hearts and lives.

We adopted Lilah in May of 2000. She picked us out - she ran up to DH and gave him a big kiss on the lips. We later learned that she was very selective in the kisses she gave out, and that she was working very hard to get us to notice her. Thank doG she did, because she was the absolute perfect dog for us. People always asked me if we rescued her and that may have been, but truthfully, she resucued us right back.

Lilah was wonderful with children and elderly, she worked as a therapy dog for 3 years. She very quietly spread the Lilah-love and brought smiles to the hearts of many. In the last year, she concentrated on being a therapy dog to my elderly parents, spending her days at their home while I went to work and wrapping them around her paw.

Lilah was about the fuzziest greyhound in the world. We always joked that she was crossed with a husky. She loved the snow and would go swimming in the ocean in the winter.

She made me laugh and smile everyday. She was my first greyhound and I feel so grateful for the 7 years we got to spend with her. Words can't express how much I love her.

So goodbye my Doodlebug, my Noodle, my Lala, my Princess Pooh Bear. I love you and miss you and hope to see you again. In the meantime, find a comfy cloud and watch over us. You are our angel now.

:angelwings

Edited by Lala

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest argolola

I'm sobbing as I read the loving tribute to your precious angel. May God bless you and dry your tears.

Your angel will always be loved.

Lilah sounds like a very special hound. I'm sure she left her paw print on many hearts. Our hearts cry with yours on the loss of your brave and special girl. :paw

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

Doodle misses Noodle. :angelwings

Keeping you and yours in our thoughts. Run free Miss Lilah

f_yellow

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

What a beautiful remembrance for an extra-special girlie.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Such a lovely tribute to your baby girl. I'm sure she leaves many aching hearts behind. :brokenheart Godspeed, sweet Lilah. Send your momma a sign that you're pain free and running like the wind again. :gh_lay

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Lilah. Take comfort in knowing she is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. We all share your sorrow.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

What a beautiful tribute to your girl. I knew I couldn't make it through it without the tears, but it's nice to read about how special she was to you. My heart breaks for you and your husband. :grouphug

:f_white for beautiful Lilah

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Lilah has always been one of my favorite GT greys. I remember when your dh had her portrait done as a gift to you. I remember that it was painted from the same picture that you have in your siggy...one of my all-time favorite siggy pics on GT. You can just see her whole personality in that picture :wub: I am so very sorry for your loss...Lilah is a beautiful angel and will be missed by so many of us :grouphug:f_white

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)