Babe

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

Babe was a resident at Greyhound Adoptions of Florida.

Baby-1.jpg

This is her story, from their website:

This lovely dark brindle girl was found wandering a rural area far from Grey Haven...underweight, hairless from flea dermatitis, full of parasites and very, very hungry. After a good bath or two and a hearty meal or two we began to see a stunning older greyhound lady who had obviously been a mom more than once. At 11½ it’s time she experienced the life of a retired woman!

Babe had been with Marilyn and Bob since December. She fought infections, and fought like a trooper. Friday, June 8, she was off a bit, and by Saturday she did not eat. Sunday, the day of Bob's service, she was not good at all. As Marilyn had the memorial service for Bob, Chrissy (her right hand) and I took Babe to the e-vet. Babe was failing on the way to Gainesville. In speaking with Marilyn, and the timing, as the bagpiper was in the Memorial Garden playing Amazing Grace, Babe left us to join Bob, Chrissy and I were with her at that time.

How do you describe Babe? She is one of the sweetest greyhounds I ever met, and that is a lot for a breed known for its sweetness. Babe, the tears are flowing still as I write this. You left your pawprint on my heart. I can see your sweet face with your ears folded over, looking with such trusting eyes. You fought one heck of a fight little one, and are missed by all that had the honor of knowing you. Run with the angels sweet one, you went knowing you are totally loved.

Guest manymanyhounds

I'm glad I got to know you Babe and I'll love you forever......Have fun hangin' out with Bob. (please give each other a bunch of kisses from us)

Guest argolola

Tears here. I met Babe and she was a sweetheart.

Big hugs and prayers for Marilyn and all who loved Babe. At least Babe had a wonderful home in her old age.

:f_pink:f_pink

PRINCESS
ANGELS: SUSIE (BANDIT SUE) 3/26/1991-5/13/2006, TIPPER (MPS KRISTINA) 7/23/1999-2/4/2008, LADYBUG (BB'S LADYBUG) 5/19/2005-7/9/2008,
HAPPY 12/2000-10/9/2013, RICHY (DON L RICHY RICH) 11/5/2002-5/17/2015, DARREN 9/24/2005-3/2/2017, TUCKER (AWESOME ABILITY) 12/29/2004-12/4/2017,
BUG (BB'S DANCING BUG) 5/19/2005-11/17/2018, Dee (KIOWA DIANDRA) 10/9/2007-6/20/2022, Buddy (PJ PLUTARCH) 11/21/2013-9/8/2023)

Guest wmlcml6

How horrible for Marilyn. So much loss for her recently. :-( I'm glad she had friends she trusted Babe with so she could do what she needed to do to get closure from Bob's passing.

I'm sorry.

Godspeed, little girl who touched so many hearts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Beautiful Babe, Farewell. :f_pink

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

At least when she left this earth, she knew she was well loved. Sweet Babe, we will miss you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:cry1f_yellow Such a pretty little girlie.

Run free, sweet Babe.............

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Pat, what a lovely tribute to a brave and beautiful Grey. I saw a post about her on GRTB, and I thought Babe knew more love in her last months with Marilyn and Bob than she might have in her whole life. Though it seems so unfair that she couldn't have stayed longer, at least she had that time with them, and so many others who loved her. And bless you for being with her at the end.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Godspeed sweerheart!

I'm lucky to have met you Babe. :f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Godspeed little girl.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)