Terry ("terracuda Flyer") 6/12/2007

Guest terrysdad

Guest terrysdad

Terry passed away on Tuesday. Up until then, he had been doing well. He was due for another protein level check due to his lymphangiectasia, but things were slowly improving.

When we got up Tuesday morning, he was doing fine. We let him out for a potty break around nine, then shortly after he came inside he puked on his bed upstairs and had diarrhea on the kitchen floor. We thought maybe he had gotten a little overheated so we tried to cool him down and get him to drink water. He ended up puking three more times in the course of the next hour, and had more diarrhea. When he started having trouble breathing and his gums turned pale, Annette called the vet and they had us bring him in right away. When we were about a mile from the vets office, he stopped breathing. When we were at the vet, they brought out a stretcher and they carried him into the emergency room and they immediately intubated him and started CPR. They tried to defibrillate him twice, but he had just had enough and they weren't able to bring him back.

He was such a wonderful dog, very affectionate, fiercely protective and sometimes a real goofball who would make us laugh, despite all of his health issues. What a wonderful gift he was. We miss him more than words can say.

:(

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :cry1 He was far too young. :(

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I feel your pain... I'm so very sorry for your loss. :f_red

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

I so sorry for your loss. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Godspeed Terry. f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I'm so sorry to hear about Terry. I know he knew how much you loved him.

Kelly

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers.

"Goodnight Sweet Prince. And flights of Angels sing thee to thy rest" - William Shakespeare