Randy Fell Off The Bed

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

I don't know who it scared worse, but the huge thud woke me up and all I saw were hound legs straight up in the air beside the sofa sleeper during the night while he was trying to get uprighted again. Poor guy must have been sleeping facing me with his back right against the edge of the bed, went to roll over, and boom! I checked him over from head to toe at that time, and he seemed fine other than being scared from what happened. He climbed back up in bed with me (away from the edge this time) and went back to sleep.

Now he's got a really big swollen spot on his back where I am sure he hit that hard floor (the area rug is thin and not padded much). He's acting fine, trotting around, was running back and forth to his crate when I was dishing out brekkie, and was moving fine in the back yard afterwards.

I did give him an anti-inflammatory, so I hope that swelling goes down soon :hope He seems very happy and unaffected, but it's sure bothering me :(

Oh Randy! :dogcookie :dogcookie :dogcookie :dogcookie

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Silly Randy, you're not supposed to worry your Momma like that.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest caiteag

OUCH!! What a goober Mr. Randy is... I'm with Snowy8... an ice pack might be a good idea.. you can even just use a bag of frozen peas or other veg.

Guest Snowy8
OUCH!! What a goober Mr. Randy is... I'm with Snowy8... an ice pack might be a good idea.. you can even just use a bag of frozen peas or other veg.

Wait....didn't Randy get into the frozen peas the other night? he he he

Guest Tenderhearts

Wait....didn't Randy get into the frozen peas the other night? he he he

Actually, it was the empty package of frozen green beans I had cooked up to throw in with their kibble :lol

The swelling has gone down a bit, and he had a serious case of the butt tuck zoomies in the back yard earlier, so he's feeling fine in spite of the fall :D

Guest greytmonty
The swelling has gone down a bit, and he had a serious case of the butt tuck zoomies in the back yard earlier, so he's feeling fine in spite of the fall :D

I am glad Randy is feeling better!

Guest WarmheartedPups

Its the worst sound...isnt it? Otis hit the floor a few months back....I dont know who was more scared....but the GSOD came from both our lips!!

Hope you pup is well!

Guest Tenderhearts
Its the worst sound...isnt it? Otis hit the floor a few months back....I dont know who was more scared....but the GSOD came from both our lips!!

You know, the only sound was the huge THUD and I came up out of the bed like someone lit a fire under me! I just know he was dead asleep and when he rolled off and hit the floor, he was scared and confused and shocked all at once. Poor boy's legs were going everywhere trying to get turned over (it's a narrow space between the bed and piano). No GSOD, no whimper, no nothing. His eyes were like saucers and so were mine too, I'm sure!

I'm going to make sure he's laying with his back turned to me before I go to sleep, and not towards the edge of the bed from now on!

Guest nerak254

:rotfl:rotfl Now that I have that out of the way, here is our bed story.:violin Interesting that you posted this today. I just sold my bed today because it is too big for my bedroom. The bed I sold was brass and had a curved footboard with about a 12 inch curve away from the mattress. I had the same kind of experience you did during the night. Only I found Jessica legs up in the air stuck between the bed and the footboard. It was scarry the first time and then I put my bedspread and the foo foo pillows there so the next time it happened it wasn't so bad.

So when I'm done watching the Price is Right tonight, I have to go and turn my bedroom around. I got a bed that is much smaller and I thought I'd put it in front of the window. Problem is that no one seems to ber able to get enough runway to jump on the bed, there are lamenate floors and they really don't like them . So they've decided to jump on it from the bottom and jump off it that way too. They've cleared it but I heard thubs, so I think someone is going to get hurt if I don't change it. Too bad too because I like it the way it is. What we do for these dogs! Oh, and when I went looking for a bed, they thought I was nuts because I was looking for something that was safe for the dogs. Basically I bought them a bed! :blink::rolleyes:

Edited by nerak254

There must be a "falling off the bed" virus going around this week because Riley fell off on Monday evening. DH and I were watching television with Specky at the bottom and Riley lying beside me with his back to the edge. All of a sudden I saw him slowing sliding off, and there was nothing that I could do to stop him! Horrible sounding THUD as he hit the floor on his side. I felt so bad for him. He was no worse for the wear and jumped right back up again, but this time in the middle of the bed!

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest KyGrey

I'm just now seeing this. I'm sorry you heard the big THUD. Molly did that a while back and, like you, my eyes were as big as saucers and so were hers. Hopefully he's okay. It sounds like it if he was doing zoomies around the yard.

:grouphug :grouphug

Guest SoulsMom

You know, I've worried about this with Soul, and that is why I'm keeping our queen against the wall. I sleep in the middle, Soul to my right (and the wall), DH to my left. Problem is, if I have to pee, I have to crawl over DH. Then when I come back, there is no way I can manuever both of them to make a space for myself :rolleyes: I usually end up on the couch or "holding it", which will probably back fire on me at some point :lol

I'm so glad he's ok. That would freak me out!