Cooling Down After Zoomies?

Guest Grey_Auntie

Guest Grey_Auntie

My Grey does the typical zoomies (aka, running around like a madman). Then he sits and pants for a good 30-40 minutes. I know with horses you should walk them and cool them down before stopping, should I do this with my Grey? I'm not sure how I would do this, but I'm not sure if this abrupt stopping is good for him. Any thoughts?

:unsure

Guest taylorsmom

This is a GREAT question--I was wondering the same thing myself tonight after a major bout of zoomies for Taylor and she came right in and plopped down on the couch. Panted for a good half hour, too. Should she get walked out?? I will be interested in hearing other more experienced answers!!

I would say yes. Keeping in mind that greyhounds are sprinting animals, they get out a LOT of energy in a very short period of time. Mine will usually pant for a little while after zoomies.

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC