Bj's Major Needs Good Thoughts

BJ got home and Major's face was all swollen and his canine was half broken off in his mouth. There was a lot of blood and she is on her way to the vet with him now. Black jack was fine. That's all the info we have.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just talked to BJ. She is still at the vet. They pulled the fang tooth that was broken. Still not to sure what and or how it happened. BJ said when she got home she saw blood everywhere and Maj's face bloodied and swollen. She checked Black Jack over and determined he was fine then dashed to the vet.

She said they gave him a local and extracted the tooth. Hopefully they should be home in the next couple of hours. Then she can look around and try to figure out what happened. Poor Maj. :(

Thanks for posting of her Mel. GT is such a great network of friends. :bighug

Sending out healing thoughts for Maj. :hope

BJ, there's a bit of good news in your PM box too. ;)

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

:clover

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

Thanks for starting the thread Mel :grouphug and thanks to the Jennifer's for getting the word out :grouphug

We are home resting now. Major's fang is gone :sad1

THANK GOD I left work early today because I usually don't get home until after 6:00 and the vet's office closes at 5:30. I had a meeting with my grandma's caregivers at 2:30 is the reason I got home early. I walked in the door around 4:30 and the boys seemed to be acting fine. They went potty and when they came back to the porch, Major's paw was covered in Blood :blink: I washed it off and didn't find an injury, so I thought, maybe Black Jack is bleeding :dunno looked him over and he was fine too. As we were walking back into the house I noticed blood dripping from Major's head I looked at him and it looked like he had a jawbreaker in his mouth :blink: pulled up his lip and his fang tooth was practically sideways and bleeding really bad. Called the vet told them we were on the way, got him in the car and went off to see Dr. G.

He gave Major a local and pulled the tooth (it was HUGE) :eek did bloodwork and I'm going to take him back next friday for a full dental. He asked if he hit it on anything or bit into something hard :dunno after I got home I checked the whole house and no sign of blood anywhere so it must of happened right before I got home.

Major is resting on his doggie bed, hopefully he'll sleep most of the night and not be in much pain :sad1 He gave me antibiotics to start him on tomorrow because he gave him a shot today.

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch