Spitting Up

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

How many of your greys spit up after eating or drinking water? Is this "normal"? Or should I be concerned? It doesn't happen every time, but may at most happen once a day.

Tipper pukes water if he tanks it in too fast. I often have to interrupt his drinking to prevent overindulgence. If I make him take several small drinks over a few minutes, he's fine. But if he takes one looong drink, it's guaranteed I'll be mopping it up in a minute or two. :rolleyes:

Puking food is less normal. If Alan is puking food regularly, I'd be more concerned. Is he active immediately before or after his meals? If so, maybe try to make sure he follows "swimmer's rules" regarding eating and activity. After exercise, let his tum settle for at least 30 minutes before a meal, and an hour or two after, before allowing him to run around again.

Hope this helps. :)

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest jsk4x

Chewie spits up water all the time. He drinks too fast. He also spits up a small amount of food frequently (every couple of weeks). This happens when he starts taking victory laps around the house after dinner. My solution - keep him calm for a half hour or so after he eats. Last week, I was trying to get MY pillow away from him (he thought it should be a stuffie for him) and right after I succeeded, he spit water up on it. I think he was making a statement.

Guest StriderDog
Chewie spits up water all the time. He drinks too fast. He also spits up a small amount of food frequently (every couple of weeks). This happens when he starts taking victory laps around the house after dinner. My solution - keep him calm for a half hour or so after he eats. Last week, I was trying to get MY pillow away from him (he thought it should be a stuffie for him) and right after I succeeded, he spit water up on it. I think he was making a statement.

Try having your dog walk up to you, you rub his ears and say, "Do you love me??" and have him lock eyes with you while he pukes water on your lap. :blink::lol

Guest spider9174

all the time. my grey eats too fast and i think he inhales it or it gets caught. so, he'll kind of hack it up. it isn't like vommitting, it's like coghing to get it unstuck. i water his food down to make it sticky and get him the large kibble and he still insists on eating fast. we've had him since september and he still speed eats...we are still feeding him 3 times a day so he isn't eating so much so quickly.