Alan's Results

Guest ss556

Guest ss556

His BUN and creatinine are pretty much the same as last time, 31 and 1.7; the vet told me today not Monday when I was there that he does see a "neurological deficit" and named a few possibilities. But Alan's magnesium is low and his amylase is high. What does this mean? I got the report AFTER I talked to the vet. I'm scared.

To those who asked how he's doing, thank you very much.

Poor Alan have been through a lot of health problems. Maybe your vet will be able to explain the report once you talk to him. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts.

Rebecca
with Atlas the borzoi, Luna the pyr, and Madison the cat, always missing Sahara(Flyin Tara Lyn) and Coltrane(Blue on By) the greyhounds

I sure hope they figure out what's going on with your boy, Alan :( I know how it can be so frustrating not knowing what is happening or understanding what is happening!

Prayers for you and Alan...

I was noticing how much we have in common...both named "Susan" (Susan is my official name :rolleyes:) each have a Greyhound named "Alan" (spelled the same way) and both our boys have Pannus and now they are both having neurological issues! I feel like I know so much about you!

Suzie Collins

Owner/Artist Skinny Hound Designs

Greyhound decals, magnets and signs.

Fur kids: Isabelle and Petey

Guest Winterwish

What kind of neurological deficits did he see? Was he able to be specific about that?

Edited by Winterwish

Guest ss556

Most of the time, when he's not sleeping :rolleyes: he's ok. But there have been times lately that he just doesn't look right or seem right and then I noticed that his right rear leg seems weak and he moves it around a bit. Last night he had a problem with both legs. Never cried in pain so I don't know if he is hurting. His amalyse was 1187 (up to 1125 is normal range). Anyway, my vet did a "knuckle test" and his left leg he moved immediately but his right stayed tucked under. He's not eating or pooping the way he used to either. Sometimes he won't stand up to go to his bowl to eat. Then there will be times like after I was crying in the car ride home, he greats me at the front door all happy and excited to see me and we go to the park two doors away and he's fine. He's making me crazy :wacko: But he does have some serious issues too - KD, HBP & pannus. Now this. :(

I APPRECIATE ALL THE PRAYERS FOR MY BOY.

Edited by ss556

Wish I had some wise advice for you. I do have hugs, and some prayers and scritchies for your handsome sweet Alan.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Winterwish

I know it must be so worrisome. Hopefully a the right regimen of meds,foods,and exercise can be worked out and your sweet boy can be stabilized. Sending good thoughts and prayers out for wellness for Alan! :hope:dogcookie

Guest taylorsmom

I also wish I had some good advice. All I can offer are prayers and lots of healing thoughts. I can only imagine the worry you must be going through for your sweet boy. I just love his picture in your siggy.