Bodie Needs Your Good Thoughts

Guest Bodie

Guest Bodie

When I last updated you, the results of Bodie's skin biopsy seemed to show that he has methicillin resistant staphylococcus. The Ohio State doctors wanted additional skin samples to further narrow the type of antibiotic he should be on.

Since that date, Bodie has been steadily on the decline. My vet said he could not do additional skin tests until yesterday, but Bodie was crying, and holding up his sore paw on Friday. It is bright red and looks awful. He is constantly licking it. I contacted OSU and through their Herculian efforts, they convinced my vet practice to assign the case to another vet and moved up the skin tests to last Friday. The skin samples are now being analyzed. OSU also arranged, through my local pharmacy, for me to get a prescription for painkillers for Bodie. They also told my vet what antibiotic to try on Bodie, for the time being. I can't say enough good things about the people there.

In the meantime, Bodie is not in as much pain, due to the painkillers, but he is miserable. He refuses to walk on that foot, holds it in the air, and licks it constantly. The antibiotic he is taking doesn't seem to be helping at all. I have another email in to OSU to find out if I should wrap the foot, leave it alone, what can I do to help him, etc.

In the meantime, Bodie needs your thoughts, prayers, and good wishes. It is so hard to watch my boy suffer and not know how to help him.

Edited by Bodie

Oh poor Bodie - I hope something is found to help him soon. :hope I also hope your new vet will be more responsive to OSU's recommendations & Bodie's needs. Please let us know how he's doing. :getwell

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Healing thoughts and prayers for Bodie. Get well soon.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest greytmonty

Rhonda I am so so sorry Bodie is going through this. I wish they could give him some relief. You are in our thoughts.

:(

I too would call the OSU docs. Poor bug. Sending hugs and prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor Bodie. I hope the docs find something to help him soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

How is Bodie doing?

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis