Is There Anyone Here Tonight

Shilo had a dental today and lost 4 large teeth. He also had a large lipoma removed from his hip. He had pain meds at the vet and a rimadyl a couple of hours ago. He is still in a lot of pain. Is there anything else I can give him? I have Tramadol in the house.

Guest SquanHound

I am sorry I don't have the answer for you - can you call your local 24 hr. e-vet and ask? Ours is pretty good about answering such questions if they can. I hope Shilo is feeling better soon!

Guest Champsmom

A big hug , sorry I'm no help I have never had that situation and I'm not sure what meds would not mix . Is there anyway you could call a 24 hour clinic to ask what you could give him ? Or a vet on call ?

John E was on deramax and I was told no more than one deramax a day, but could give more tramadol. I gave him deramax in the morning and a tramadol at night. How many mgs is the tramadol? Is rymadyl equivalent to deramax?

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest KennelMom

we've given rimadyl and tramadol in the past together with the "blessing" of our vet.

eta: I don't exactly remember the circumstances of why we gave both, just remember that we have. We always keep tramadol and rimadyl on hand at our house.

Edited by KennelMom

Guest MomofSweetPotatoes

We've given them together here as well, but I would put a call in to the vet check if it is ok in your circumstance.

Edited by MomofSweetPotatoes

Guest Luvgreys

Our vet has had us give Rimadyl and Tramadol at the same time to foster hounds recovering from surgery (after having broken legs repaired). We've never seen any ill effects, but I would still try to get a hold of my vet or the e-vet.

You should be able to give them together-- used them together for Sebau after her surgery last summer. Of the two, the tramadol seemed to work best for her. Usually the tramadol pills are 50mg, and it's safe to give one. (amp and cancer pups I've read of getting much higher doses)

In vino veritas
Rachael with Rook, missing Sully, Sebau, and Diesel