Hot Weather

Guest multiplicity

Guest multiplicity

A couple of times in the last week I have come home to puddles of poop on the rug. Nothing has changed in their diet and I really do not believe they have been exposed to any parasites. The only thing I can think of is that it has been quite hot for the last week or so. The house so hot right now. We haven't installed the air-conditioner because we are moving at the end of the month. Could the heat be upsetting their bellies?

I do not think it is all 3 boys with the dreaded D, I know Devin has had the runs today (and he has a history of IBD) and maybe once was Murph...I do not think Chevy has had any problems.

I have read that I can use slippery elm - how much should I give them? Can I use it along with the Pepto or should I use it instead of it?

Guest Mommydog

My boy Joe who has IBD quite often gets Big D in hot weather, he doesn't cope well with the heat at all. It usually settles down within in a day or so though. I don't have AC, so I usually try to keep him cool with fans, and give him a bland diet, such as chicken and rice.

Guest multiplicity
How hot is hot? Greys cannot take the heat.

It has been about 86F for the last week or so, which means the house has been a bit hotter. Today I am off so we are all hanging in the rec room (in the basement) but generally they are not allowed down here when we are not home...I am afraid one of them will fall down the stairs again.

Devin kept me up most of the night. He had to go out at least once every hour. There's was a couple times I was too late. :( He hasn't had to go out for the last 2 hrs so I am hoping that we are over the hump...he didn't get his breakfast this morning so he's gotta be empty by now...if not I thnk I may bring him to the vet. Devo has gone bad fast before so I am watching him closely today. My other 2 boys are fine.